“Bland Thai” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Nairobi
“Bland Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have eaten Thai dishes at many different Thai restaurants in different parts of the World (including Thailand) and both I and my friend found the dishes very bland. The dishes were certainly not authentic Thai. I spoke to the owners about this and was told that Kenyans generally did not like spicy food. The service was at best average and the wine selection was poor. For us, the restaurant lacked ambiance.

Visited September 2012

60% Recommend
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Most authentic Thai cuisine of all you got in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Authentic Thai cuisine if you crave for real Thai treat. Colorful and big variety of menu. They have buffet on special occasions / celebrations every once in a while. Atmosphere has been improved to complement to the original dishes created by Thai chef in Nairobi. One good choice for those who want to try tasty flavors of a renowned Asian gastronomy.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi
“Good food, but the service isn't”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Visited this restaurant on 20 April, 2012. The place wasn't full, but we waited for our drinks (fresh juice) for 20 minutes. My cocktail - Bellini, which is crashed strawberry topped with white wine, took another 10 minutes to arrive.
We were not given wet towels to clean our hands, though another group of customers got them.
The waiter didn't ask how we want our food - hot or mild, and my!!! It was really HOT! My husband wasn't able to eat his Pork rib soup at all, which didn't have any pork ribs at all, just some chewy rubbery pork. Besides, they forgot that we ordered it, and it came at the end of our meal, after I reminded the waiter about it.
My Tom yam soup was very fiery, too. Chicken fried rice was delicious, though.
My son loved the food, but I have rather mixed feelings about the place...

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Real Thai Restaurant in Nairobi,Kenya.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I going There with my family.There are clean place and good service.I love a lot of kind of Thai Food there...Pad thai,Tum kar kai(my favorite soup) and spring roll is nice,my kid love it"Pls come for try...

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manitoba
“Best Thai Food in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I had my first visit to "Try My Thai & Sushi" last Friday evening for dinner. We tried just the thai food that night, and it was delicious. Food portions were good value for money. Food was very tasty, and very authentic.

The serving staff was efficient and attentive, and the owner passed by our table to check on how everything was and gave a few suggestions on what to order on our next visit.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys thai food. You won't find another thai restaurant in Nairobi that compares.

• Visited February 2012