“Excellent company and a most enjoyable safari” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Embakasi along Outer Ring Road, Fedha Estate | Patron Business Center, 1st Floor, Hse no. 19, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 720 710451
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 122 Activities in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Manchester UK
“Excellent company and a most enjoyable safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

When we planned to go to Kenya for a family wedding in August we decided to take in a 4 day safari before our return for 5 members of our family.

Although it was all very exciting, the thought of knowing how reputable a tour company was going to be weighed heavily on my mind. After a lot of research and positive feedback on Tripadvisor I contacted Lion Trails. I got a reply back within an hour from Bernard with a very detailed itinerary and a suggestion that we could adapt it to suit our personal needs. I had imagined sharing a vehicle with other people but Bernard had quoted us for a minivan just for us! The cost of the safari was also very reasonably priced and I put all my trust in Bernard and booked a 4 day, 3 night safari to Massai Marra, Lake Nakuru and Lake Naivasha with half a days walking safari on the Island at Lake Naivasha.

Once booked Bernard gave me the option to pay a deposit by bank transfer and settle the rest of the payment on arrival. If I had known how trustworthy and reliable Bernard and Lion Trails were I would have paid in full as 2 payments incurred 2 lots of bank charges!
Leading up to the day of our departure, Bernard kept in constant touch, providing detailed answers to any queries or concerns I had.

On our first day there Bernard came to meet us at our hotel and introduced us to our driver Francis who we warmed to immediately. He was a very experience guide, easy to get on with and we spent the next 4 days with a new member to our family!

The lodges we stayed at exceeded our expectations and all the staff were brilliant. They were comfortable and in a good location within the Mara. We got to see The Big Five as Francis knew exactly the right place to be at the right time!

After our amazing experience with Bernard and Lion Trails we decided to go for a one day safari at a later date with other members of our family. We contacted Bernard the night before and he was very accommodating considering it was very short notice. He arranged for us to visit Nairobi National Park and the Elephant Sanctuary which was a wonderful experience. We got up close to the baby elephants! Ben our guide was also very experienced.

Thank you Bernard for your help in organising our once in a lifetime trip.

Highly recommended company and excellent customer service.

Visited August 2014

“Lion Trails Safaris - Excellent Company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

When we were first researching safaris we couldn’t believe the excellent reviews that Lion Trails Safari had on Trip Advisor. Quite frankly between the reviews and the prices of the safaris everything sounded too good to be true. We sent an inquiry and one of the owners Bernard responded very promptly and was so kind and knowledgeable about any questions/concerns we had. We decided to go ahead with the budget 4 night 3 day safari and we were SO glad we did. Every single review was right on trip advisor. Our driver, Julius, went above and beyond to make sure we had the best experience possible. We saw everything we had set out to see and more. Our chef, Francis, made us some of his favorite food dishes and they were excellent. He always had tea/coffee waiting for us whether it was early in the morning or an afternoon break. The guest house and permanent tented camp we stayed at were beyond what we expected. All in all we had the time of our lives and would go back tomorrow if we could! We highly recommend Lion Trails Safari! - Zach and Mallory

Visited September 2014
Baginton, United Kingdom
“Holiday of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Taking my family of myself, my wife and 2 girls to a country so under developed and in the negative news, was always going to require a leap of faith into the hands of a local contact we felt we could trust. From the moment I selected Lion Trail Safaris from the 3 or 4 others that I had been in contact with from the Tripadvisor list to book our family holiday of a lifetime, I knew we were in both very capable and very safe hands by trusting in Bernard and his team. The attention to detail in the various options of where to stay and the itinerary to follow was second to none including the last minute list of things not to forget, just showed an experience and knowledge that just felt trustworthy.
The speed that the bank money transfers were confirmed by Bernard by email again gave me the confidence that we were dealing with a reputable company. 4 days, 3 nights staying at Mara Leisure Camp and the Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge with Simon (Mwaniki) as our personal guide at the helm of our very robust and fit for purpose Toyota Minivan complete with pop up roof and as much time as needed to capture the snaps that will hopefully one day soon find their way onto the wall of our home to remind us of the fantastic a memorable time that was had by all. For my wife to say three times that it was a "holiday of a lifetime" then it simply must be true. Simons knack of arriving at the right time in the right place to capture the wildlife was uncanny and I am sure was no fluke just a great knowledge of the area and its sometimes hidden gems.
So please have no fear in selecting Lion Trail Safaris, Bernard and his team for your very own holiday of a lifetime.
The Beese Family- November 2014

Visited November 2014
Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
“Fabulous, personalised service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

What can I say? We had the best holiday ever with Lion Trails Safaris. Bernard answered all our queries so promptly before, and after, our email booking and was happy to tailor the trip to meet our every need. We asked for a suggested itinerary and then adapted it to meet our needs e.g. one of our children gets travel sick so we flew back from Masai Mara rather than going by road. On arrival in Nairobi we were met personally by Bernard and our guide, Martin, who went through our itinerary and ensured all was in order. Martin our guide was outstanding! He was happy to adjust the day according to our wishes as we went along and was so knowledgable and helpful. He agreed to take us on a visit to a local school so that we could take some supplies even though we had not prearranged this. Please check out 'pack for a purpose' who can link you to schools locally. All our accommodation, both the ones we personally chose, and those suggested by LT Safaris were fantastic. Great facilities and locations. Bernard arranged lovely touches like a birthday cake for my son who had his 8th birthday when we were there. All in we had a great time and there was nothing I wouldn't recommend. This is a small company but because of this can really give you a personal service which will make your holiday really special!

Visited October 2014
Chicago
18 attraction reviews
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

My husband and I had used Lion Trails Safaris for our short stay in Kenya a couple weeks ago. At first we were a bit nervous about Ebola but the manager Bernard assured us that everything was fine there. And it was!!! From the beginning, Bernard was very helpful to arrange our itinerary and he always got back to us super fast. We had them picking us up at the Nairobi airport to take us to the hotel and then came to pick us up to go visit Lake Naivasha and Lake Nakuru. The driver Oliver was very flexible and took us to places we wanted to go. We had a great time seeing some animals and also flamingos in Lake Nakuru.

And like other reviewers said, it's really no bid deal to transfer the fund to Kenya before the trip. Very easy to be done.

Definitely will recommend this tour company!!!

Visited October 2014

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.