“Fantastic Safari Company with First Class Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Embakasi along Outer Ring Road, Fedha Estate | Patron Business Center, 1st Floor, Hse no. 19, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 720 710451
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 103 activities in Nairobi
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Mountain Climbing/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Boston
“Fantastic Safari Company with First Class Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 NEW

My husband and I along with another couple did the 2 night, 3 day Masai Mara Safari with Martin as our guide and Francis as our cook. From the beginning this company was outstanding. Bernard who I primarily communicated with was efficient and speedy, provided detailed instructions on payment and accurate receipts. We were met at the Nairobi airport by Bernard and Martin with no delay. We stayed at the Mara Springs in all inclusive tents which had an en suite bathroom. The water was always hot, the beds clean, and the grounds were meticulously kept. Our cook ,Francis, was extremely accomodating as we are all vegetarian. His food was delicious and he presented a good variety of items. His crepes were outstanding! He even made a birthday cake for our friend and Martin and Bernard set up a campfire at night complete with sparkling cider to celebrate! Martin is a fantastic guide. We learned so much and could tell that he really cares about the animals and conservation. He is extremely knowledgable and friendly. We could not have asked for a better trip! Martin even helped us with our airline tickets when we had a problem. We liked Martin and Lion Trails so much that we actually hired them the day after we returned from Safari for a day tour of Nairobi. We would definately use their services again.

Visited February 2014

Sydney Australia
“A great safari and a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My son and I did a 4 day - 3 night Lake Nakuru and Maasai Mara safari with Lion Trails recently - everything went according to plan and we had a wonderful time. Like all the other reviewers of this provider, I have to compliment Bernard on his responsiveness, helpfulness and follow up throughout the entire process....nothing was too difficult. Our guide, Ben, was so knowledgeable and accommodating I now couldn't imagine doing a safari with a bus full of strangers - we loved the personalised attention and being able to control our own movements / times etc. I'd absolutely recommend this tour operator and will certainly use them again when we next travel to Kenya.
Oh, and we saw all of the big 5!

Visited July 2014
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
“Memories to Cherish for a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We are a family of three and visited Kenya from 03/Jul/14 to 07/Jul/14. I contacted Lion Trails Safaris based on the unbelievable "all 5 star" ratings given to them by other travelers. It looked too good to be true. But the moment I read the reply from Bernard to my enquiry, I knew that these guys were different and the ratings were absolutely unbiased. The itinerary was perfectly charted out by Bernard based on my request and also keeping in mind that we were travelling with a 2 and a half year old baby. he also answered all the questions that I asked very clearly and in detail. He reconfirmed the itinerary before the trip as well.
When we arrived at Nairobi, Bernard along with the driver guide Ben was waiting for us and gave us a very warm welcome. After a quick brief on the itinerary again and answering all questions we had, we set out on the safari.
Ben, the English speaking driver guide was a very experienced, frank and friendly person and quickly became good friends with us. Special mention had to be made about the vast knowledge he had on his country, every aspect of it, the flaura fauna and the animals. He had amazing skill to spot the animals from far off and went out of the way to show us the rare ones like Lion. He promised my little one to show her simba (lion) and not only he kept his promise, he showed her simba at least 6 times during the safari. Also he interacted with other safari operators and took us around and showed us a variety of animals. His open hearted frank approach won our hearts. Also, he gave us a big surprise by letting us know that he is running a school for the impoverished and orphans.
All the arrangements, food, accommodation, timings etc were just superb and overall we had a great safari. We were dropped at the airport and Bernard gave us a call to enquire if everything went well and we were still smiling.
There is a lot to write. But to summarise, We were extremely happy of the service provided by Lion Trails and we would use them "only" when we go for the next time to Kenya. Also we would certainly recommend them to all others.

Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Very professional safari operator”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Having planned and booked a 14 day Intrepid tour of Tanzania, we wanted to arrange for a two day private tour of Lake Nakuru and Bogoria to wrap up our holiday before flying home. We thought of this as a chance of coming across animals that we didn't see during our Intrepid tour and started researching local operators, soon settling on two operators based on both having excellent ratings on TripAdvisor. It wasn't long before we decided on Lion Trails as their prompt replies to emails and attention to detail, frankly, blew the competition out of the water.

Bernard was very patient, friendly and helpful in planning this, short, trip. Bernard suggested we alter our trip to include Lake Naivasha rather than Bogoria due to floodings in the region - in the end we were really hoping to see flamingos and also stop at the equator so stuck to our original plan.

Our driver was Jackson and, as with Bernard, we can't praise him enough. Extremely professional, helpful and friendly, it was a joy to see someone as excited as we were when spotting lions on, as Jackson put it, honeymoon! Jackson was not only a great driver in that you felt safe at all times, he was also great at pointing out wildlife and explaining everything from specific animals to the region as a whole.

We spent one day and a night at Lake Nakuru, Lake Nakuru lodge, and thought it an excellent experience. We opted for the land cruiser, which initially seemed like a waste as it seats eight plus driver, but ultimately we thought it the best choice and was really happy we'd made it in the end as it's great for game drives. The vehicle really was top notch and the free wi-fi was an added bonus. There was plenty of wildlife to see at Nakuru with lions and white rhinos probably the most memorable moments (we had failed to see any rhinos in Serengeti).

After an early morning game drive the following day, we headed off for Bogoria. The hot springs were flooded, as Bernard had advised, and overall it could possibly be described as a disappointment in terms of animals that we saw (though there were more flamingos than at Lake Nakuru). However, we really enjoyed the drive and thought it very interesting to see the change in landscape and driving through the villages along the way.

A note regarding $ US, though unrelated to Lion Trails. Intrepid had advised that $ US have to be from 2006 onward and we found our notes always inspected, both in Tanzania and Kenya, to make sure this was the case. We actually had a $20 rejected as it was from, I believe, 2004, so this is something to keep in mind.

It's easy to become suspicious when you come across a company or a hotel that receive nothing but praise but there's no need for any skepticism here. Some might feel uncomfortable transferring money prior to arrival but we felt very comfortable doing so. Our only regret is that we didn't have more time to spend in Kenya as it would have been interesting to go on a longer tour with Lion Trails. We would definitely use Lion Trails again and don't hesitate recommending them to anyone planning on going on a safari.

Visited June 2014
north carolina
93 attraction reviews
“Should be your 1st stop for Safari tours....safe and dependable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I'm not sure where to start with my review, but to say, Bernard and Martin made my short trip to Masai Mara a truly outstanding and amazing experience. Bernard was so supportive in adjusting arrangements based on what my business friends decided they did and didn't want to do....in the end, Bernard designed a tour that I could do by myself. He also answered my many questions about the safety of my visit and I'll share with you that I never felt unsafe. Bernard also helped some of my friends, who can be quite critical, plan a short weekend trip. They were also very very pleased with the tour. Bernard was so supportive regarding payment since I had trouble wiring the required money. When we met on the day of my tour, he had a whole itinerary printed when he introduced me to my driver, Martin. I really look forward to working with hm in the future when I return with my wife for a longer safari tour.

Martin was a great driver and tour guide. He is so knowledgeable about where to find the animals and explaining what animals, including all the birds, were what. We saw many animals during our visit including many many lions, giraffes, elephants, cheetahs, zebras, and on and on. I thought going our twice a day wouldn't be enough but it turned out to be just right. Bernard had planned for me to stop at what sounded like a great restaurant on my return visit. Unfortunately, the traffic in Nairobi was so bad that I didn't have any time to stop on the way to the airport. This was the only disappointment of my trip. I probably would've avoided having lunch in Masai Mara to get back earlier and have time for dinner. Martin worked his magic to get me to the airport with time to spare. The water provided was very helped.

I stayed at the Keekorok resort and would highly recommend this resort. Swimming pool didn't look to inticing but they have a great area you can watch the wild animals and the rooms are very comfortable. The food was good, not great but a good variety at the buffet. The staff was very friendly.

I will say that the ride out is quite long(5 hours) and the 2nd half of it was quite bumpy. Martin did what he could to minimize this but it was pretty tiring for me, can't imagine what it was like for Martin as the driver.

All in all a great 3 day visit jam packed with lots of great wildlife viewing.

Visited May 2014

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later