“Lion Trails Safaris - SO professional and reliable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Embakasi along Outer Ring Road, Fedha Estate | Patron Business Center, 1st Floor, Hse no. 19, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 720 710451
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 121 Activities in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Portland, Oregon
“Lion Trails Safaris - SO professional and reliable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Bernard of Lion Trails Safaris arranged a January 2014 Kenyan safari for our family of five (four adults and one child). It was EVERYTHING we had hoped for, and more! Lodging at Tortilis and Ashnil Mara camps was wonderful and the pre-arranged details were exactly as Bernard and I had discussed. The drivers at both camps were exceptional and we appreciated their eagerness to share their extensive knowledge about the animals with us. The drivers were always very sensitive to our needs and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. All of the camp staff were gracious and helped to make our stay special.

Driver Martin was a delight! He looked after us so well - we felt very safe in his hands. He was patient with our endless questions and accommodated our every request. His knowledge and friendly manner contributed to our overall impression of an extraordinary country and a remarkable people. He is a jewel!

Most of all, our trip went so well thanks specifically to Bernard himself. I was a bit anxious at first to wire the funds to Lion Trails Safaris (something I had never done and, I suspect, most Americans have not done either). In fact, my bank tried to talk me out of it, and advised me that the money would most likely never reach its intended destination. At that point, however, I had been so impressed with Bernard's patience and professionalism in communicating all the safari details with me via email - I felt the utmost confidence in him and was willing to "take a chance". So glad I did! He made all the desired arrangements and my family had a fantastic, stress-free trip. I definitely highly recommend Lion Trails Safaris to anyone looking for a special once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Visited January 2014

Moscow, Russia
“Reliable and precise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our main worry while negotiating our trip with Bernard from Lion Trails Safaris was this company looked "too good to be true". We have seen no one negative (or even «non-excellent») review here on Tripadvisor. Bernard was very flexible to built the route with respect to all our numerous desires, he gave valuable advises to us, and all the points of our agreement were set very clear.
We were happy to be met by Bernard in Nairobi airport just in time and to see the excellent jeep provided to us. All the lodges we had requested were provided to us. All the details of our agreement were fulfilled by Lion Trails completely and they often did a little more for us.

Our driver-guide Jackson was really cool both in driving and in finding the animals. With him we have never regret we had chosen jeep instead of minivan. We had our very first game drive in Aberdare mountain park in a rainy day. I believe the mountain rainy forest gives not so much chances to see big animals, but Jackson managed to drive us through the washed-out roads and to show us the elephants, buffaloes, and even the leopard. Other days and parks were very exciting as well. And we have seen Jackson is really passionate about the animals by himself.

Visited February 2014
Aalter, Belgium
“Beautiful trip with a 100% reliable organisation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Already when contacting the organisation, we had a very good feeling. They respond fast, clear answers to our questions. Interesting price offers.
When we arrived and during the whole trip, everything was as agreed: hotels, meals, entrances, all. The hotels we got were a very nice variety, each with someting special. Our guide and driver, Martin, an experienced guide, was ALWAYS there on time (or earlier). Very nice man who knows all about his country and safaris.
When one day we go there with our children, we definitely choose them again.
K. Dhoest - Belgium

Visited February 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Look no further”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Without a doubt the best trip I've ever been on!
The service and personal care by all parties from our driver Martin to the staff at both lake Nakuru and Masai Mara camps was beyond my expectations. I don't want to give too many details as feel it would take the wonder and excitement away from experiencing this trip first hand.
Suffice it to say that of our 4 day safari I would have been more than pleased with the cost if it had been only one day and it just kept getting better as each day/ turn in the road revealed itself.
Cheers to Bernard for his attention to our requests and following up on us at the return .
If ever I am fortunate enough to do a TRIP OF A LIFETIME again LION TRAILS will be the only choice as echoed by all members of our party.
Give yourself a treat and experience it first hand.
Thank you so much for an unforgettable experience :)

Visited January 2014
Zanzibar, Tanzania
“Wonderful safari for the new year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I Would like to share our feelings about the safari. In general, it went amazingly. We visited many places of interest to see a lot of interesting animals and birds that tested a new kind of providence for us to stay. In Amboseli unfortunately had little animal is not included elephants, which was a lot. Our guide showed us the places where they were especially numerous. Would especially like to thank Jeff, who led after the safari we Amboseli. He took us to places most animals, about which little was known. With him, we saw many interesting things and learned a lot of new things about Tanzania, its flora and fauna. He gave us a very interesting tour of Lake Victoria. There we learned about the customs of the locals.

We certainly advise your company to our friends and relatives. I want to again thank Jeff for the excellent safari! :) :) :)

Visited December 2013

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.