“Unforgettable safari” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Embakasi along Outer Ring Road, Fedha Estate | Patron Business Center, 1st Floor, Hse no. 19, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 720 710451
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 121 Activities in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Leeds
“Unforgettable safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We organised a 4 night 5 day safari to Lake Nakuru, Lake Naivasha and the Masai Mara through Lion Trails Safaris which was truly unforgettable. Bernard provides excellent customer service and tailored our itinerary to our specifications. Martin our driver was extremely knowledgeable, his English is outstanding and he went out of his way to make our trip a once in a lifetime experience. We saw so many animals at such close proximity, including four out of the big five and we were lucky enough to see cheetahs thanks to Martin. The accommodation was excellent for the first 2 nights but the last did not quite live up to expectations and lacked mosquito nets which was our only criticism. Be prepared for the bumpy drive to the Masai Mara but it is well worth it! I would highly recommend using Lion Trails Safaris.

Lee-on-the-Solent
“Photographic Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

On the recommendation of a friend, we booked a photographic safari with Lion Trails – Day Tours in November 2013. My wife and I are keen Bird and Wildlife Photographers and wanted the exclusivity offered. Right from the start Bernard proved to be responsive and completely flexible in meeting all our requirements. The service provided was impeccable and Bernard could not have been more helpful. Ben our guide was also exceptional. His knowledge of Bird and Wildlife as well as the needs of photographers made it all the more successful. He knew how to position the vehicle for the right light and proximity to the wildlife and his ability to spot hidden animals and birds was amazing. In sum, I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Lion Trails Safaris to anyone. We fully intend to return for another safari in 2014.

London, United Kingdom
“3 day trip to Amboseli National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I booked with Lion Trails Safari's based on TripAdvisor reviews. From my initial enquiry by email, Bernard was very responsive and tailored a Safari that fitted into my tight schedule. I was collected from my Hotel in Moshi, Tanzania and taken to the Amboseli National Park in Kenya. Ben my guide for 3 days knew exactly where to find the great selection of animals in the Park and he also knew in depth their behaviour and details. The Serena Lodge that Bernard recommended was very comfortable and a welcome place to relax between Safari's. I was then transfered to Nairobi airport at the end of my trip as promised. All in all, a hassle free and enlightening stay thanks to Lion Trails Safari's.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic trip to Masai Mara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Kenya for business, but ended up having a few days to spare, so we threw together a very last minute trip to Masai Mara. When I called/emailed on a Thursday afternoon, Bernard from Lion Trails was the first to get back to me out of about a dozen safari companies in Nairobi that I contacted, and by Friday morning we were on our way out. Our guide, Ben, was extremely laid-back and flexible, while also very competent and knowledgeable. In addition to his own extensive knowledge of the park, Ben was very good at also using the radio or consulting with other drivers to find the best opportunities for us to view the wildlife. For example, within 10 minutes of entering the park on our first day, Ben found a leopard with a freshly killed bushbuck, an extremely elusive site. We were astounded to then see this beautiful animal drag its kill up a 15-meter tree - quite an introduction to the Mara! Lion Trails also took care of all the bookings for our lodgings (we stayed at two separate places - I will review those separately), etc., so all we had to do was sit back and enjoy the extraordinary scenery and wildlife. We definitely recommend Lion Trails, and intend to use them for another trip the next time we're in Kenya.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Full Day Tour of Nairobi National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we booked this day tour with Lion Trails Safaris. We had a lovely day with our guide, Oliver, who was quite knowledgable about animals, plants and birds. He was very savvy about where to look for certain species at a particular time of day and would double-back to a place when he heard on the radio of lion sightings. There was a terrific box lunch provided too. Because we had already been to the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Bernard worked with us to make a substitution. I think this tour is very reasonably priced for what you receive in return.

Visited October 2013

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.