“Photographic Safari” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Embakasi along Outer Ring Road, Fedha Estate | Patron Business Center, 1st Floor, Hse no. 19, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 720 710451
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 118 Activities in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Mountain Climbing/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Lee-on-the-Solent
“Photographic Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

On the recommendation of a friend, we booked a photographic safari with Lion Trails – Day Tours in November 2013. My wife and I are keen Bird and Wildlife Photographers and wanted the exclusivity offered. Right from the start Bernard proved to be responsive and completely flexible in meeting all our requirements. The service provided was impeccable and Bernard could not have been more helpful. Ben our guide was also exceptional. His knowledge of Bird and Wildlife as well as the needs of photographers made it all the more successful. He knew how to position the vehicle for the right light and proximity to the wildlife and his ability to spot hidden animals and birds was amazing. In sum, I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Lion Trails Safaris to anyone. We fully intend to return for another safari in 2014.

Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“3 day trip to Amboseli National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I booked with Lion Trails Safari's based on TripAdvisor reviews. From my initial enquiry by email, Bernard was very responsive and tailored a Safari that fitted into my tight schedule. I was collected from my Hotel in Moshi, Tanzania and taken to the Amboseli National Park in Kenya. Ben my guide for 3 days knew exactly where to find the great selection of animals in the Park and he also knew in depth their behaviour and details. The Serena Lodge that Bernard recommended was very comfortable and a welcome place to relax between Safari's. I was then transfered to Nairobi airport at the end of my trip as promised. All in all, a hassle free and enlightening stay thanks to Lion Trails Safari's.

Visited November 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic trip to Masai Mara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Kenya for business, but ended up having a few days to spare, so we threw together a very last minute trip to Masai Mara. When I called/emailed on a Thursday afternoon, Bernard from Lion Trails was the first to get back to me out of about a dozen safari companies in Nairobi that I contacted, and by Friday morning we were on our way out. Our guide, Ben, was extremely laid-back and flexible, while also very competent and knowledgeable. In addition to his own extensive knowledge of the park, Ben was very good at also using the radio or consulting with other drivers to find the best opportunities for us to view the wildlife. For example, within 10 minutes of entering the park on our first day, Ben found a leopard with a freshly killed bushbuck, an extremely elusive site. We were astounded to then see this beautiful animal drag its kill up a 15-meter tree - quite an introduction to the Mara! Lion Trails also took care of all the bookings for our lodgings (we stayed at two separate places - I will review those separately), etc., so all we had to do was sit back and enjoy the extraordinary scenery and wildlife. We definitely recommend Lion Trails, and intend to use them for another trip the next time we're in Kenya.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Full Day Tour of Nairobi National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we booked this day tour with Lion Trails Safaris. We had a lovely day with our guide, Oliver, who was quite knowledgable about animals, plants and birds. He was very savvy about where to look for certain species at a particular time of day and would double-back to a place when he heard on the radio of lion sightings. There was a terrific box lunch provided too. Because we had already been to the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Bernard worked with us to make a substitution. I think this tour is very reasonably priced for what you receive in return.

Visited October 2013
Lisbon, Connecticut
15 attraction reviews
“A superb company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked Lion Trails as an add-on to a shorter safari we had already planned, and it was a great idea. next time I will let them handle everything! Bernard is the most accommodating, responsive person I think I have ever met. No question or concern was too small, and the company delivered everything they promised, and more. The two guides we had, Ben and martin, were excellent, and they went out of their way to make sure we saw as much as possible, and then some.
The hotels they booked us into in Amboseli and Tsavo West and Tsavo East were excellent. We even ended up with a nice two night stay in an all inclusive resort in Mombasa!
I would wholeheartedly recommend this company to anyone looking for a safari of any length in Kenya. They told me they can also arrange a trip that includes Tanzania, or Rwanda as well.

Visited September 2013

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.