“Great Safari and a lot more” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Embakasi along Outer Ring Road, Fedha Estate | Patron Business Center, 1st Floor, Hse no. 19, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 720 710451
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 121 Activities in Nairobi
More attraction details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Augsburg, Germany
“Great Safari and a lot more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am going to write this in english, so more people can read it, but since i am german, may you guys forgive me some mistakes.

First let me say, that the safari was wonderful. We started in nairobi, stayed two nights at amboseli and one night at Tsavo East before ending our trip at diani beach. Our driver Martin was great, not only could he answer any of our questions, but he was just an unbelievable friendly guy. On our way to Amboseli we had enough time to talk, so he got to know us a little and from there on understood exactly, how he had to manage our trip and game drives, so that it was perfect for us. This knowledge in my mind you just gain through experience and martin obviously does this job for a long time and loves it.

The other thing i liked was the service. When deciding, which safari company to chose, I just wrote bernard an email about what me and my girlfriend planned to do. He answered immediatly and really tried to meet all our wishes. Even when we booked an other safari with a different company (2 nights masai mara) he just helped us by answering any question. So we finally chose Lion Trails for our second safari, cause we liked the package (private safari, enough water to drink every day, flying doctors, good camps/lodges and price). And as said above, we enjoyed every second of our trip and so made the right decision in choosing lion trails.

But thats not even it. The most remarkable thing happened after our safari. We forgot our Camera in the car and at the time, we noticed that we forgot it, Martin was already for hours back on his way to nairobi (remember, we stayed at diani beach). So we called Martin, and got an immediate call back from bernard. Luckily on our way back home from mombasa to germany we had transit in nairobi (6 hours) and we asked bernard, if we can come to his office and get the camera then. Problem was, we arrived at 10.30 pm in nairobi. So Bernard without any further questions just offered us, that after work he will drive with his private car to the airport to give us back our camera. We said, that we could take a cab and come to his private home maybe, but he said, its no problem at all and that he will come to the airport. This was really nice, but it even got better. On the day of our departure we arrived at nairobi and the second we went through the door, Bernard already was waiting with our camera. We chatted a little and since my girlfriend has a couple of friends in nairobi, we decided, to go to city for the remaining 6 hours and have some beers with them. We planned on taking a cab, but Bernard again immediatly offered to drive us to the place, where we wanted to meet with our friends. After thanking and accepting that offer, we just wanted to drop off our luggage, but egypt airways openes their counters just 2 hours before flight. So bernard walked around on the airport and really found us a place to store our luggage for 3 Euros (!). After that he drove us to nairobi city and even waited for 10 minutes, till our friends arrived, cause he didn't want to leave us two alone in nairobi at night. And that all happened after i guess a long day of work. I honestly never have enjoyed such a friendly and helpful stuff. I just can recommend you lion trails, cause this guys will help to make your trip as perfect as it gets. And if something not goes as planned, they wont hesistate to help you even in their private time.

I really doubt, that you get this service very often.

Thank you Bernard & Martin for a wonderful vacation and that you were this friendly and helpful to us. You are great guys!

Taupo, New Zealand
“Clarkes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a 4 day 3 night safari in kenya which was fantastic. We were met at Nairobi airport and then driven to Nakuru lodge which was very pleasant. Our early morning safari was great andMartin Waweru our guide was extremely informative and had a great eye for seeing the animals. We then travelled to Rhino watch lodge a tented camp which was very clean and tidy. Our second safari in the late afternoon was incredible seeing rhinos and many other wild animals. The next day we travelled to sweet waters which was another tented camp and was very impressive. The safari here was also great and we thoroughly enjoyed our entire trip. The people were very friendly and the service was excellent. Thanks Martin for our 4 day trip and to Bernard for the organistaion. We would highly recommend it to friends and family.

Toledo, Ohio
“A Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My son and I went on a six day safari in the Masai Mara. It was a private and customized safari, meaning Lion Trails was willing to give us exactly what we asked for. We had a fantastic experience. Our Guide was very personal and professional. He has over 20 years of experience and it showed in his ability to get us to the animals at the right time. There were any number of times when he would explain that he knew (from the chatter on the radios) that there was a lion spotted, but he would take us elsewhere first because he knew when that lion would get active. Consequently, we felt we were always in the right place at the right time. Finally, the tented camps we stayed in were first rate. I would not hesitate to recommend Lion Trails Safaris.

Hong Kong, China
16 attraction reviews
“Excellent Private Tour Arranged”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have my 10 days Kenya Safari arranged by Lion Trails Safaris and everything was well taken care of from day one. Bernard has been excellent in answering all emails promplty and proivde a lot of information which really make me feel comfortable and confident. He also come to greet us on our first day and out last day.

We requested a 4X4 vehicle throughout the trip which was a correct choice as the road condition are not too good except the main road so riding on a 4X4 is something more comfortable.

Though I picked most of the hotels myself, there were some recommended by Bernard and they all turned out to be very good. I booked half a year ago and still some hotels with good location were all sold out so if you want to go to Maasai Mara in the high season i think you need to book a year ago in order to secure the room of your choice.

Our guide Simon is also very good, wtih a lot of knowledge about animals and have a very good eye sight in spotting animals. On the vehicle, you could borrow his binoculars but if you coudl bring one yourself that will even better. A binoculars is a must for safaris and can't be substitute by the zoom lens or the video screen. You could also reference a four or five pictorial guide books on the vechicle to identify different animals (of course you will have no idea which page to turn to but Simon will bring you to the right page for the right animal that you are looking at on the site).

I paid all the amount due upfront by paypal and by remittance so as to avoid brining too much cash wtih me. Some may have expressed concern on this but I can assure you nothing happen on me. Paying up front has the advantage that they could help to secure the room of your liking by paying to the hotel upfront.

Visited July 2013
“Once in a life time experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Being my first time to Africa this tour was amazing!!! My dad and I spent 2 weeks (4 days in Tanzania and 7 days in Kenya) in Africa. The tour guides are really nice, know a lot about the animals, and the 2 tour guides we had had super eye sight.

The lodges and tented camps were nice. The people there are really really nice. In Kenya, most of the beds were covered with mosquito nets and most had electric fences to keep the wild animals away from the tents ( there are still monkeys tho).

Over all this experience was well worth all the traveling. Even tho the traveling from park to park was not the funniest, seeing the animals, nature, and 1 of the seven wonders of the world made this trip well worth it. Lion trails made it easy to plan and worth the money in my opinion. THANKS LION TRIALS!!

Visited July 2013

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.