“Clarkes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Embakasi along Outer Ring Road, Fedha Estate | Patron Business Center, 1st Floor, Hse no. 19, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 720 710451
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Taupo, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a 4 day 3 night safari in kenya which was fantastic. We were met at Nairobi airport and then driven to Nakuru lodge which was very pleasant. Our early morning safari was great andMartin Waweru our guide was extremely informative and had a great eye for seeing the animals. We then travelled to Rhino watch lodge a tented camp which was very clean and tidy. Our second safari in the late afternoon was incredible seeing rhinos and many other wild animals. The next day we travelled to sweet waters which was another tented camp and was very impressive. The safari here was also great and we thoroughly enjoyed our entire trip. The people were very friendly and the service was excellent. Thanks Martin for our 4 day trip and to Bernard for the organistaion. We would highly recommend it to friends and family.

1 Thank Barbara C

Toledo, Ohio
“A Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My son and I went on a six day safari in the Masai Mara. It was a private and customized safari, meaning Lion Trails was willing to give us exactly what we asked for. We had a fantastic experience. Our Guide was very personal and professional. He has over 20 years of experience and it showed in his ability to get us to the animals at the right time. There were any number of times when he would explain that he knew (from the chatter on the radios) that there was a lion spotted, but he would take us elsewhere first because he knew when that lion would get active. Consequently, we felt we were always in the right place at the right time. Finally, the tented camps we stayed in were first rate. I would not hesitate to recommend Lion Trails Safaris.

Hong Kong, China
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Excellent Private Tour Arranged”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have my 10 days Kenya Safari arranged by Lion Trails Safaris and everything was well taken care of from day one. Bernard has been excellent in answering all emails promplty and proivde a lot of information which really make me feel comfortable and confident. He also come to greet us on our first day and out last day.

We requested a 4X4 vehicle throughout the trip which was a correct choice as the road condition are not too good except the main road so riding on a 4X4 is something more comfortable.

Though I picked most of the hotels myself, there were some recommended by Bernard and they all turned out to be very good. I booked half a year ago and still some hotels with good location were all sold out so if you want to go to Maasai Mara in the high season i think you need to book a year ago in order to secure the room of your choice.

Our guide Simon is also very good, wtih a lot of knowledge about animals and have a very good eye sight in spotting animals. On the vehicle, you could borrow his binoculars but if you coudl bring one yourself that will even better. A binoculars is a must for safaris and can't be substitute by the zoom lens or the video screen. You could also reference a four or five pictorial guide books on the vechicle to identify different animals (of course you will have no idea which page to turn to but Simon will bring you to the right page for the right animal that you are looking at on the site).

I paid all the amount due upfront by paypal and by remittance so as to avoid brining too much cash wtih me. Some may have expressed concern on this but I can assure you nothing happen on me. Paying up front has the advantage that they could help to secure the room of your liking by paying to the hotel upfront.

1 Thank HKA_888
“Once in a life time experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Being my first time to Africa this tour was amazing!!! My dad and I spent 2 weeks (4 days in Tanzania and 7 days in Kenya) in Africa. The tour guides are really nice, know a lot about the animals, and the 2 tour guides we had had super eye sight.

The lodges and tented camps were nice. The people there are really really nice. In Kenya, most of the beds were covered with mosquito nets and most had electric fences to keep the wild animals away from the tents ( there are still monkeys tho).

Over all this experience was well worth all the traveling. Even tho the traveling from park to park was not the funniest, seeing the animals, nature, and 1 of the seven wonders of the world made this trip well worth it. Lion trails made it easy to plan and worth the money in my opinion. THANKS LION TRIALS!!

“Excellent safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went on a 6 day safari with Lion Trail and had a fantastic time. Our Trent College party of 16 was made up of 12 students & 4 teachers. Lion Trail were great throughout our initial enquiries, booking, itinerary changes and actual safari. I am so pleased we listened to Bernard and took his advice on the ideal safari. Mt Longonot, Hells Gate, Lake Naivasha, Lake Nakuru & the Maasai Mara was a fantastic trip. It was made all the more enjoyable thanks to the friendly and knowledgable staff (Ben was amazing on bird spotting). Saw the big 5, loved the food and took hundreds of pictures so we could remember our wonderful time with Lion Trail.

Visited July 2013

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!