“A Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Embakasi along Outer Ring Road, Fedha Estate | Patron Business Center, 1st Floor, Hse no. 19, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 720 710451
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 104 activities in Nairobi
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Mountain Climbing/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Toledo, Ohio
“A Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My son and I went on a six day safari in the Masai Mara. It was a private and customized safari, meaning Lion Trails was willing to give us exactly what we asked for. We had a fantastic experience. Our Guide was very personal and professional. He has over 20 years of experience and it showed in his ability to get us to the animals at the right time. There were any number of times when he would explain that he knew (from the chatter on the radios) that there was a lion spotted, but he would take us elsewhere first because he knew when that lion would get active. Consequently, we felt we were always in the right place at the right time. Finally, the tented camps we stayed in were first rate. I would not hesitate to recommend Lion Trails Safaris.

Hong Kong, China
15 attraction reviews
“Excellent Private Tour Arranged”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have my 10 days Kenya Safari arranged by Lion Trails Safaris and everything was well taken care of from day one. Bernard has been excellent in answering all emails promplty and proivde a lot of information which really make me feel comfortable and confident. He also come to greet us on our first day and out last day.

We requested a 4X4 vehicle throughout the trip which was a correct choice as the road condition are not too good except the main road so riding on a 4X4 is something more comfortable.

Though I picked most of the hotels myself, there were some recommended by Bernard and they all turned out to be very good. I booked half a year ago and still some hotels with good location were all sold out so if you want to go to Maasai Mara in the high season i think you need to book a year ago in order to secure the room of your choice.

Our guide Simon is also very good, wtih a lot of knowledge about animals and have a very good eye sight in spotting animals. On the vehicle, you could borrow his binoculars but if you coudl bring one yourself that will even better. A binoculars is a must for safaris and can't be substitute by the zoom lens or the video screen. You could also reference a four or five pictorial guide books on the vechicle to identify different animals (of course you will have no idea which page to turn to but Simon will bring you to the right page for the right animal that you are looking at on the site).

I paid all the amount due upfront by paypal and by remittance so as to avoid brining too much cash wtih me. Some may have expressed concern on this but I can assure you nothing happen on me. Paying up front has the advantage that they could help to secure the room of your liking by paying to the hotel upfront.

Visited July 2013
“Once in a life time experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Being my first time to Africa this tour was amazing!!! My dad and I spent 2 weeks (4 days in Tanzania and 7 days in Kenya) in Africa. The tour guides are really nice, know a lot about the animals, and the 2 tour guides we had had super eye sight.

The lodges and tented camps were nice. The people there are really really nice. In Kenya, most of the beds were covered with mosquito nets and most had electric fences to keep the wild animals away from the tents ( there are still monkeys tho).

Over all this experience was well worth all the traveling. Even tho the traveling from park to park was not the funniest, seeing the animals, nature, and 1 of the seven wonders of the world made this trip well worth it. Lion trails made it easy to plan and worth the money in my opinion. THANKS LION TRIALS!!

“Excellent safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went on a 6 day safari with Lion Trail and had a fantastic time. Our Trent College party of 16 was made up of 12 students & 4 teachers. Lion Trail were great throughout our initial enquiries, booking, itinerary changes and actual safari. I am so pleased we listened to Bernard and took his advice on the ideal safari. Mt Longonot, Hells Gate, Lake Naivasha, Lake Nakuru & the Maasai Mara was a fantastic trip. It was made all the more enjoyable thanks to the friendly and knowledgable staff (Ben was amazing on bird spotting). Saw the big 5, loved the food and took hundreds of pictures so we could remember our wonderful time with Lion Trail.

Ojai, California
7 attraction reviews
“Great Mini-Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I booked an overnight with Lion Trails Safaris this past June and were quite pleased with the experience.
Our guide picked us up promptly as specified (and we were staying at a private home in Nairobi not near the tourist area), further our guide, Ben was cheerful and easy to get along with!
We had just come off a really long safari in Tanzania but wanted to see something different so chose an itinerary to Sweetwaters tented camp.
Ben was an outstanding driver! Able to explain things to us on the drive out. We went on a few game drives once we got to Sweetwaters and saw a lot of rhino.
The food at the camp was quite good and the lodgings were excellent. I would highly recommend Lion Trails to anyone interested in a safari in Kenya!

Visited June 2013

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later