“Excellent safari” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Embakasi along Outer Ring Road, Fedha Estate | Patron Business Center, 1st Floor, Hse no. 19, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 720 710451
Website
Update attraction details
Ranked #2 of 90 activities in Nairobi
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Mountain Climbing/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
“Excellent safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went on a 6 day safari with Lion Trail and had a fantastic time. Our Trent College party of 16 was made up of 12 students & 4 teachers. Lion Trail were great throughout our initial enquiries, booking, itinerary changes and actual safari. I am so pleased we listened to Bernard and took his advice on the ideal safari. Mt Longonot, Hells Gate, Lake Naivasha, Lake Nakuru & the Maasai Mara was a fantastic trip. It was made all the more enjoyable thanks to the friendly and knowledgable staff (Ben was amazing on bird spotting). Saw the big 5, loved the food and took hundreds of pictures so we could remember our wonderful time with Lion Trail.

Visited July 2013

Ojai, California
7 attraction reviews
“Great Mini-Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I booked an overnight with Lion Trails Safaris this past June and were quite pleased with the experience.
Our guide picked us up promptly as specified (and we were staying at a private home in Nairobi not near the tourist area), further our guide, Ben was cheerful and easy to get along with!
We had just come off a really long safari in Tanzania but wanted to see something different so chose an itinerary to Sweetwaters tented camp.
Ben was an outstanding driver! Able to explain things to us on the drive out. We went on a few game drives once we got to Sweetwaters and saw a lot of rhino.
The food at the camp was quite good and the lodgings were excellent. I would highly recommend Lion Trails to anyone interested in a safari in Kenya!

Visited June 2013
Toronto
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I will start off by saying that this review is based on the service provided by Lion Trails prior to booking a trip as for personal reasons I was unable to go on tour with them.

I am a man of details and usually tend to push people's patience as I ask a lot of questions and need a lot of information to feel secure and comfortable. I have booked with private, local operators in many countries and I have to say, Bernard was by far the best I've dealt with.

Right from the get-go he was prompt and professional and over the course of 40 back-and-forth emails I sent him, his level of service did not waver in the least. The amount of details he provided, the transparency of his answers showed how honestly he runs the company and I felt very comfortable going with him and his company.

Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier, for personal reasons I was unable to go on tour with them and when I let him know he was professional to the last. He was not curt or rude about all the time he had invested answering my questions with long, detailed emails and instead he was empathetic to my situation. Could not ask for better service than that.

One thing I do know is in the future when I can make it out, I will have no hesitation booking with Bernard and Lion Trail Safaris!

Visited May 2013
Espoo, Finland
8 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was on 4 days business trip in Nairobi and had 1+2 days on a week time for a safari. I contacted Lion Trails and they were able to arrange me two short safaris in about two weeks. Payment options were also very flexible. Because I didn't want to pay everything in advance they gave me an option to pay 30 percent via PayPal and rest in cash upon start of the safari.
I had one full day in Nairobi National Park including David Sheldrick's elephant orphanage and the Giraffe Center. That day was awesome, we saw several giraffes in the park as well as hippos, monkeys, snakes, a lot of different kinds of birds etc. My driver Oliver knew every species by heart, but he had 20 years experience of safaris though.
But better was still to come. On Saturday morning Oliver picked me up from my Nairobi hotel and we drove about four hours to Amboseli National park that is located near Tanzanian border. If Nairobi National Park was very good, this was awesome. Basically we were surrounded by elephants many times a day. We also saw hippos and lions. I had late flight on Sunday evening and we spent still the morning in the park. When we drove back to Nairobi, we had a farewell dinner before Oliver took me to the airport.
I have had many business trips, but this one I will remember for ever. Thanks Lion Trails. You were really awesome!

Visited June 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were a group of 4 and had two game drives at Lake Nakuru National Park. Our driver, Ben, was excellent - welcoming, friendly, very knowledgeable about the wildlife and exceptionally good at spotting things - we saw much more because we had Ben with us, pointing things out. It was obvious that he loves what he does and wanted us to experience the magic and beauty of the wildlife at Nakuru.
I'd have no hesitation using Lion Trails Safaris again, if I returned and I'd recommend them to others.

Visited May 2013

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.