“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours

Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours
Embakasi along Outer Ring Road, Fedha Estate | Patron Business Center, 1st Floor, Hse no. 19, Nairobi, Kenya
+254 720 710451
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 110 Activities in Nairobi
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A small vibrant Tour Company in Kenya, owned and operated by local Kenyans. Services include: Short Excursions/Short Safaris/Road & Flying Safaris (Both group & private)/Beach Holidays/Nairobi accommodation/Local flight reservations/Airport Transfers/Mountain Climbing/Gorilla Safaris in Rwanda. Note: We always work hard to better our services and always look for the most effective and affordable solutions to our clients needs. Whatever you want, we will put you on the right track!
Espoo, Finland
9 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was on 4 days business trip in Nairobi and had 1+2 days on a week time for a safari. I contacted Lion Trails and they were able to arrange me two short safaris in about two weeks. Payment options were also very flexible. Because I didn't want to pay everything in advance they gave me an option to pay 30 percent via PayPal and rest in cash upon start of the safari.
I had one full day in Nairobi National Park including David Sheldrick's elephant orphanage and the Giraffe Center. That day was awesome, we saw several giraffes in the park as well as hippos, monkeys, snakes, a lot of different kinds of birds etc. My driver Oliver knew every species by heart, but he had 20 years experience of safaris though.
But better was still to come. On Saturday morning Oliver picked me up from my Nairobi hotel and we drove about four hours to Amboseli National park that is located near Tanzanian border. If Nairobi National Park was very good, this was awesome. Basically we were surrounded by elephants many times a day. We also saw hippos and lions. I had late flight on Sunday evening and we spent still the morning in the park. When we drove back to Nairobi, we had a farewell dinner before Oliver took me to the airport.
I have had many business trips, but this one I will remember for ever. Thanks Lion Trails. You were really awesome!

Visited June 2013

York, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were a group of 4 and had two game drives at Lake Nakuru National Park. Our driver, Ben, was excellent - welcoming, friendly, very knowledgeable about the wildlife and exceptionally good at spotting things - we saw much more because we had Ben with us, pointing things out. It was obvious that he loves what he does and wanted us to experience the magic and beauty of the wildlife at Nakuru.
I'd have no hesitation using Lion Trails Safaris again, if I returned and I'd recommend them to others.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Perfect Safari Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We arranged an eight day safari with Lion Trails Safari in February 2013. I spent weeks going back and forth with Bernard to plan the trip, arrange the transportation, pick the lodges, etc. We had an unusual itinerary as we were picked up in Nairobi and drove to 4 parks in northern Tanzania. I had very specific ideas about where we wanted to stay and what we wanted to do - Bernard accomodated every request. Then, at the last minute, our flight leaving NYC was cancelled and we had to delay the trip by a day. Bernard re-arranged everything and by the time we arrived in Kenya everything was sorted. Also, our guide Juma was fantastic - he made sure we saw everything and were comfortable. The entire experience was wonderful!

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“12 hr Nairobi Stop-Over”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of a 12 hr stop-over in Nairobi between Kilimanjaro airport and Heathrow. Lion Trails Safaris constructed an itinerary that was far better than sitting on the bench in the airport. I was met by a guide, Martin, at the airport, who was on-time, exceptionally friendly and accommodating for the entire day. We visited the Karen Blixen Museum, Nairobi National Park and Carnivore Restaurant. Perfect way to spend the day. Highly recommend this outfit! I will for sure use these guys again next time I'm in Kenya!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I will say upfront I never actually went on the safari due to personal reasons, but the service provided by Lion Trails up to the point of booking was so efficent and friendly I felt compelled to leave good feedback. If you are looking for the best things to do in East Aftrica I highly recommend contacting them for helpful advice and 'off the shelf' or tailor made trips.

Visited February 2013

Been to Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lion Trails Safaris - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.