“Shame on us” 2 of 5 stars

Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shame on us”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

It just shows how our government has failed us in reducing poverty levels and creating employment :(

Visited May 2012

Nairobi, Kenya
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“poor sanitation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

the place is poorly sanitated,the ironsheet house giving it a bad look,exposing how bad the place can be.its too unsafe to be there because of insecurity.

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Really Sad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

It is really sad to see people living in these conditions. It is not safe in Kibera, it is filthy and dirty. If you ever think you have things bad, go visit Kibera

Visited March 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A world of its own”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Although it has been mostly ignored by kenyan government and service providers, Kibera has a life of its own. It bustles with creativity borne of a population that refuses to play victim and has its own neighbourhood pride. It's own micro breweries, cinemas, shops, products, architecture. I salute Kibera!

Visited August 2012
Brooklyn, ny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kibera tour with Octopizzo (local DJ)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I wrote a review of the tour under a different heading. I was so impressed with the enthusiasm of this amazing young man who is doing so much for his community. Once more I am going to try to post photos taken during our walking tour. For some reason, when I tried to post them previously, they were not approved by Trip Advisor. I am trying again because although I read the guidelines, I did not understand how my photos did not meet them.

Visited May 2012