“we will be back....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shalom House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Shalom House
P.O.Box 21255, Nairobi 00505, Kenya   |
Ranked #15 of 151 Nairobi B&B and Inns
libreville
“we will be back....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and i loved this hotel,it is located in a very quite place,no noise,the rooms are very clean,the breakfast is heavy and delicious,the front officers are helpful,friendly and professionals and i was amazed to find one of them speaks a good french,i felt very gd to ask some directions and help in my language
,but the downpoint of shalom house,it is located far from city center which add some charges to your plan,i can recommend it to any friend of mine.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mombasa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I'm amazed at all the great reviews here. Sure it's cheapish at 5000ksh a night for a couple but so is sleeping in a carboard box. The attitude at the front desk was awful. When we checked in it was "give me the money and I'll show you to your room" and that's a quote. We booked a double room a week in advance and when he showed us the room, two small single beds. So he told us our room had a problem with the toilet. The beds had matresses at most 4" thick foam so were pretty hard. The mosquito nets were full of holes mixed with some patched up with Duct Tape. We went to shower at 11pm but no hot water. Nairobi water in June is absolutely freezing so we just didn't shower. There were some good points. It was clean and the breakfast was good. But I will never stay here again. Spent the next night at Best Western. It was 2 times the price but 100 times better.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I found this hotel on tripadvisor and I agree with the previous reviews. The staff was friendly (tnx Julius for all the tips and directions) and professional, rooms are clean, spacious as well as the bathroom with hot shower. Breakfast was good as well as the traditional Kenyan dinner. Higly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is in a great location, walking distance to a main shopping center. In most cases you'll get anywhere quicker in Nairobi by walking : ) the breakfast was lovely, coffee, tea, eggs, bread. The staff was kind and helpful. The property is beautiful and well kept. Make sure you close the window and use your mosquito net!! Mosquitos are really terrible in Nairobi and I got over 50 bites on one foot... No malaria though . I would stay here again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I picked Shalom House based on the rave reviews and was not disappointed. The staff was communicative over email before I arrived, and they were flexible about my length of stay. When I checked in very early, they had my room ready and let me eat breakfast on the house. My room was clean and secure. The area outside my room could get noisy, but earplugs took care of the problem for me. The reception staff was always happy to arrange transportation. The only downside of Shalom House is that it's a bit far from Nairobi's downtown, which adds some cost to the stay if you're commuting in each day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I do not think in Nairobi one can find such good standard of accomodation at a lower price. And on top of it a helpful, friendly and smiling staff. A special thank to the efficent manager. Any problem is solved in a short time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Newbridge, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have stayed here three times now and will be back for fourth visit soon. Great staff who are always very helpful and nice clean rooms, very good value for money. Safe place to stay while in the area and I would recommend it to anyone going there. Lovely restaurant next door with great food and staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Shalom House? Share your experiences!