Ten reasons for choosing the Eden Gardens:
1. Peace of mind - do business not deal with issues
2. Quiet environment - you are in the suburb not downtown
3. Upscale neighborhood - beautiful layout and nice neighbors
4. High security - no security concerns whatsoever
5. Professional staff- cannot improve on Ann, Monique, Grace, Asman, Sheila, or Phoebe
6. Meeting space- indoors or outside, they make your business meetings successful
7. Easy to find: Lavington on the Convent Road, take the right at the ABC store on Waiyaki, and a left on to Kisaberian and straight up and down the hill and you are there-25 minutes to downtown, UN compound, USAID, Limuru road, Gigeri
8. Mosquito nets: never underestimate the power of the mosquito to ruin your life
9. Breakfast, lunch and dinner: there is absolutely no need to go anywhere--nutritious, filling and delicious meals.
10. The Pool: whether it is to cool off or do exercises or enjoy the sight--it is clean, inviting and refreshing
11. Okay I am over ten, but there's more to say
12. Artwork on the walls -- local beautiful colorful
13. Brew your own coffee--I am a real brewed coffee aficionado and every morning I am welcomed to use my coffee press for rich, brewed lattes. Oh my!
14. The food: fresh vegetables, brown rice, fish, salad, meat, you have to experience it to realize just how wonderfully tasty it is
15. Family accommodations: a whole guesthouse for families, interconnecting suites for families.
16. Hostel environment: informal, comfortable, meet your neighbors, make new business and social friends
17. Daily cleanliness: every single day every part of the hotel is cleaned. And if there are spaces you think should be cleaned, just say the word, and it will be done. (I am a clean freak and when I saw uncleaned corners, I raised the concern and it was taken care of immediately).
18. The ownership: Danish owners understand the needs of international business people and the wants of vacationers--everyone is accommodated
19. Ok, I am going to finally say cost: well you cannot beat the price period, must less for what you get. I am paying $40 a night and sharing a bathroom. I was concerned at first but then I understood that i do not have to deal with a bathroom in my room and I felt totally happy. I like having my toiletries and my needs somewhere other than my room. To save $15 a night just to walk five feet to my "own" bathroom is just wonderful.
20. No smoking policy--thank you!
21. Still have not instituted recycling of bottles and cans--please make mention when you visit.
22. Walking: I am a walker and I walk every day down Chalbi Drive for three or more miles back and forth. Everyone is friendly. Now I want to walk to say hi to the people.
23. Car service: excellent cars and drivers, courteous, knowledgeable, good cars, and please negotiate!
24. Access to food, money exchange-- a half mile down the road is a Nakumatt with everything you need--I walk there and walk back. Nice, no problems.
25. Other Residents: when you find people who care about the same things you do, it makes life really pleasant.
26. Presentation: everything is in its right place at the right time, and if it isn't, just say the word
27. Digital platforms: wireless connections 24/7
28. TV: all the channels from all the countries
29. Service: frankly, better than the Hilton or the Laica Regency; why? Because they mean it and you are on the ground floor and can walk around and simply be yourself.
30. Security: I am a businesswoman and I care about my security. Once you are here, everyone in the neighborhood looks out for you. Not just at the hotel but the security guards everywhere. they get to know you. Each person is everyone's responsibility. Find that downtown if you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eden Gardens is situated in a homely lush garden in the heart of Lavington just 6km from the centre of one of Africa’s most vibrant capital cities, Nairobi. Eden Gardens is a small haven of peace, intimacy and tranquility. With only 5 rooms, it is more than a home away from home.Whether you’re in Nairobi for a night or a month, Eden Gardens has something to suit your needs.Try us. If you like the sound of birds, wind in the trees, and green lawns with a river running by, yet you need to be close to the action, then Eden Gardens is for you. Conveniently located in the Lavington suburb of Nairobi, Eden Gardens has easy access to the major highways and is less than 2 minutes from James Gichuru Road. What's more, the Lavington Shopping Centre is within walking distance where there is access to banks, hairdressers and a supermarket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Eden Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.