“A very relaxing place in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars

Eden Gardens
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   26 Convent Drive, Nairobi 00603, Kenya   |
Ranked #37 of 154 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“A very relaxing place in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Due to the reviews of Eden Gardens on this site, I deceided to try the place a few days on my stopover in Nairobi. Having just laneded from an overnight flight from Nairobi, it was just what I needed.

On arrival I was picked up on the airport by their very friendly driver Douglas. He called the hotel to make sure I had a very tasty and filling english breakfast on arrival. I was checked in to room number 5 which is styled in a nice african design. All the rooms have their own design.

I used the two days I was there to relax by the pool and enjoyed their fast free wifi. It is one of the fastest I have encountered in Africa.

Great value in Nairobi!

Room Tip: Room 5 is a nice spacious room, with a nice view of the garden and the small river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
G
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Somewhat disappointing. Relatively inexpensive, but value wise this is average (at best). I would describe it neither as a hotel, nor having a restaurant; it is more like a guest house. Internally it is a little tired and in need of modernisation, although the website talks handsomely of Norwegian investment. On a positive, staff are very friendly and helpful, and most pleasant (although the manager is prone to factual inaccuracies, to put it politely). My experience of this place is summed up by my breakfast experiences - yesterday there was no fruit, no cereal, no yoghurt etc. I informed the staff, but today little changed (one banana each, but no tea bags!). Apparently, according to the manager, there is a fruit shortage in Kenya at the moment?? Amusing, but somewhat incorrect. In short, an unbiased, impartial and objective 3 out of 10 for me.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Although not as fancy as some bigger names ( you get what you pay for), the helpfulness of the staff makes up for what is missing in terms of big infrastructure.

To begin with, I called a day before my arrival as I needed a pickup & reservation in the middle of the night. My call was answered promptly, all details noted and there was a car waiting for me at the airport when I arrived. No miscommunications, no confusions, no delayed drivers. Very comforting.

The hotel arranged a car for me when I needed to visit a friend, without a lot of insistence or reminders. Although a bit pricier than a usual taxi, the driver waited for me and was a fairly smart guy, so it all made sense.

The Kitchen staff is open to ideas and will customize food for you if you want something specific. Good food, cooked to your taste can be a blessing if you're doing Africa for a longer duration. The food is moderately priced as well so it doesn't burn a hole in your pocket. ($5-$7 a dish).

The room itself is basic, the mattress could be a little more comfy though. What strikes as a first impression is that the rooms are spacious.

The location is secure, not very central but in an area where walking around is not an issue. ( Except for the dust)

The pool was not in a great state when I visited but could be a temporary thing. The seating area around the pool is very relaxing and a great place to read a book or just chill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and used to stay in downtown hotels until I was introduced to Eden Gardens last year. I have not stayed anywhere else since when visiting Nairobi and don't plan to because Eden Gardens offers the only true home away from home experience I have ever had or expect. The staff is great; the place is neat, quite and clean. It's location in the posh Lavington area is ideal for anyone who wants to experience a home-style short or long-term stay at very reasonable rates. Endre Opdal who runs the place is as friendly and welcoming an owner/operator you're unlikely to find elsewhere. Endre will do what he can to make sure the guests are comfortable and their needs are met. To him, a guest is not just another entry in the bottom line for the day and this is obvious from the first time you get in contact with him. He cares for each guest and this is reflected in his excellent staff who are equally friendly, professional and at your service in the true sense of hotel hospitality. Will highly recommend Eden Gardens to anyone who likes to feel at home while traveling.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I saw Eden Gardens as the best place to be for the best accommodation and best services. Located in Lavington, its the most serene place you could imagine of. Away from the town pollution and congestion, relaxing is guaranteed at Eden Gardens. I was amazed by the cool atmosphere surrounding this hotel. The swimming pool was so clean and strategically located. I cannot forget to mention about the Super-Fast Wi-Fi connection. The rooms were so clean that I felt I could spend the whole month there. I loved their services as well as their considerable prices. Sure I will come back soon to enjoy the comfort of being at Eden Gardens.

Room Tip: Room at the corner
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Its a nice hotel with nice customer care and a nice swimming pool. The environment is just perfect for a person who just wants to relax and feel rejuvenated...It suits couples who just need to be alone somewhere by themselves with no disturbance at all..It was cool for me and my wife for we felt this must be our dream home....kudos guys and keep it up looking forward to visiting you again...

Room Tip: rooms overseeing the pool are just nice...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kaduna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Eden Gardens gives you the feeling that you are in your own house with paid for domestic services. My wife and I felt that we were living in our own house in Nairobi and the service was quite personalized. A driver was available, a cook, a gardener etc.

Lavington is a very quiet and serene part of Nairobi and it provided a very good place for my wife and I to spend some quiet time together away from the hustle and bustle of down-town. It can also be a good weekend getaway for residents of Kenya.

Room Tip: Pick any room and you'll be fine.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Eden Gardens? Share your experiences!