“Comfortable rooms, good price” 4 of 5 stars

You added Eden Gardens to your Saves list
Eden Gardens
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   26 Convent Drive, Nairobi 00603, Kenya   |
Ranked #39 of 157 Nairobi B&B and Inns
“Comfortable rooms, good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a great low-medium priced option in Nairobi, especially if you have a car. It is located on a beautiful street with easy access to Nakumatt Junction Mall and Valley Arcade. It is the best place we have stayed in Nairobi at this price.

The rooms are very spacious and the linens extremely comfortable. The internet is fast.

The bathrooms are average, probably the biggest drawback of the B+B. But they are clean and functional.

There is a matatu stage about ten minutes walk if you need to take public transport to town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed at five different hotels in Nairobi. Eden Gardens ranks at the number two spot of them all (overall). If I factor in price, Eden Gardens ranks number one. Eden Gardens is currently undergoing renovations and that is the only improvement necessary. I would love to see it in a year's time.
The staff are AWESOME. They are beautiful and very attentive. The hotel was VERY CLEAN. Internet service was the best that I ever experienced in Nairobi. I am not a food critic, but breakfast was EXTREMELY good. The staff made whatever I wanted and I must say that it was very tasty.
Upon both arrival and departure, Endre came out to greet me. I never experienced this in any Nairobi or any other city hotel. The reservations were also smooth and professional. The location is also great. The running stream could be heard at night and made for a restful sleep.
All being said - I WILL DEFINITELY RETURN.

Room Tip: Back Room is best
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had an amazing time there! the staff were really kind and easygoing. They would provide you with all you need. If you feel like cooking there, make sure you take the ingredients you need since they only have stuff for breakfast that is actually pretty decent! It was great to be there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Entebbe, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was looking for a hotel to stay in Nairobi when I stumbled upon Eden Garden Hotel's website. The website has a live chat and I was able to chat with an operator. He was very friendly and helped me arrange transfers from the airport once I got to Nairobi. The cab service was excellent; the driver (Samuel) was very informative, he gave me a quick orientation of Nairobi. Whenever I needed him he was always on time and took me to which ever place I wanted, even recommending best deal places.
The place is very homely,very clean and neat with a vintage feel. The front desk manager (Esther) was polite and kind. I noticed that the water heater in my bathroom wasn't working but it was fixed immediately I reported, which was good. My room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable with a mosquito net (the area has mosquitoes). Break fast is served from 8:30am, however you can request for an earlier breakfast which I found convenient considering that I had to be out early.
They only provide breakfast, typically toasted bread, Spanish omelet, sausages, fruit juice, coffee/African tea and fruits, though you can request for something else. You could find a decent place around to have your other meals. The Wi-Fi was very good only that sometimes it was unstable especially when I tried to use my smart phone.
The gardens are well done and the swimming pool is in good condition only that it was not very clean. I must say I really enjoyed my stay there and next time I am in Nairobi, I won't hesitate check in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ours was a last-minute reservation and Endre was quick to respond. Our room was large and comfortable, and the staff was very helpful, helping us negotiate rates with local taxis/drivers. Breakfast was hot, filling and made to order. The weather was a bit cool for a dip in the pool, but we enjoyed reading outside in the garden. Overall, based on our experience elsewhere in Nairobi: excellent value!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We only stayed 1 day but the facilities were excellent. Clean and well cared for. The staff was amazing! Super friendly. We loved it! Highly recommended to anyone traveling in Kenya.

We came in mid-morning and were served a very tasty breakfast and then rested awhile before drifting off to sleep for a few hours. We had traveled on a 7 day safari then took a 4 day trip to Dubai. This was a scheduled stop on a 12-hour layover between Nairobi and Addis Ababa - beats heck out of sitting in the airport for 12 hours!

Bottom line: Very nice, clean and comfortable stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had a fantastic experience at Eden Gardens. The staff was kind and attentive, the place is beautiful, the room was comfortable, and the wifi was literally the best of any I'd found in all of Kenya (probably helped that my room was right by the router :)). I was streaming TV shows like whoa, something I had missed being able to do. Would highly recommend Eden Gardens and would love to visit again the next time I'm in Nairobi! Thanks Endre!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Eden Gardens? Share your experiences!