“A hidden gem in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars

Eden Gardens
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   26 Convent Drive, Nairobi 00603, Kenya   |
Ranked #39 of 163 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Oslo
“A hidden gem in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed for a week at Eden Gardens in Nairobi together with my wife and it was a very pleasant experience. Eden Gardens is located in the upscale area of Lavington and it is very nice to walk around in the area. It is very green and peaceful here with several nice restaurants around. (You might have to take a taxi to get there)

The hotel itself has everything you would need with fast internet and excellent service. It is a laid back atmosphere and the staff is more then willing to have a chat. I loved relaxing in the wonderful garden next to the pool.

Breakfast was great, and I love their omelette.

It is the best deal I ever got in Nairobi,and I think I will be staying at Eden Gardens when I am in town.

Room Tip: Room number 5 is excellent.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Eden Gardens was more than expected. It has an amazing garden that is perfect for functions. The rooms are very nice and cosy, and the staff is very service minded and hard working. Me and my husband stayed in Eden for totally 2 weeks and for one of the weeks we had company from friends and family from Norway. I am very happy I found Eden Gardens when me and my husband where looking for a venue. We really had a beautiful wedding, and we would definitly stay in Eden again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nairobi-KE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Eden Gardens is totally out of this world....from the warm reception at the entrance, to the friendly staff who were all smiles throughout this experience,i most certainly recommend this amazing heaven to friends who wish to have a quiet get-away without having to leave the city. The ambiance is just fantastic;room colours set to match your mood of the day, breathtaking natural scenery, fantastic pool experience....so much to say i could write all day!

Thanks so much for this magical experience right in the heart of this extremely busy city :-)
We'll definitely be back for more! 7 star service worked out just perfect....

Room Tip: Purple-coloured room;superb for a romantic getaway :-) 100% sound-proof
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Enre (the owner), organized for me to be picked up from the airport at 1 am! Even though he was not in town, he made sure everything was awesome.

The price is VERY affordable and it is located in ht posh part of town but not far away from places I wanted to visit.

In summary, when next I or any friends of mine will be visiting Nairobi, this is where they will be staying.

Room Tip: I stayed in a single room that had a shared bathroom. But The other room was vacant so I did not nee...
Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Eden Gardens was a refferal through a common friend of myself and Endre, I was not the least bit dissapointed and could not believe my luck to discover Eden gardens, a beautiful, intimate, exquisite and cosy guest house with lots of greenery, a river flowing through the compound and a swimming pool all in an upmarket and tranquil location.

Our host Endre was extremely hospitable, very patient as he waited up for us when we arrived late (at 9pm) and was quick to respond to calls and texts. He showed us around the cottage and was quick to attend to our needs.

We loved the interior design in the cottage as everything from wall paint to furniture was well thought out. It is cosily furnished and we actually felt like we were at home! It has a big screen TV (a plus for all men:-)) cable, DVD home theatre, a collection of movies, Internet. Swimming pool is a big plus and was therapeutic to watch the river flowing by.

The cook made great food as we had an opportunity to sample her breakfast and lunch.

I am definately going back to Eden gardens in the next few weeks for another relaxing weekend getaway. Perfect location at an unbeatable price!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Eden Gardens is run by an enthusiastic staff who are both easy-going and flexible. This is by far the value add of this homey, informal little place.

The accommodation is of a good quality for this price range. It's in a good area and it's centrally located (equidistant to everywhere, but out of the hustle and bustle of the city centre.) I would recommend it as a jumping off spot in Nairobi or for longer term travellers looking for a reasonably priced place to stay.

I have been ripped off before by B&Bs in Nairobi (the no-natural-light, sub-divided houses, tiny rooms, boudoir decor, sorry about the WIFI but that'll still be USD100 variety) and I was pleasantly surprised on all fronts by this one.

As it is in the photos.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kokemaki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We were the first quest of this beutiful and homey questhouse! Our trip in Kenya was full of suprising and new experiences and our hoast Endre was one of those who made it possible! He has a skill to fix all the problems and create a nice and relaxing atmosphere with his personality. The place was still in progress, but we could enjoy already the green and peaceful environment. Neighborhood is nice for walks and you can easily get a taxi to the nearest shopping center. We definitely come back to Eden Gardens on our next Kenya trip!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Eden Gardens? Share your experiences!