“Food for the go” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 320 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: It is near village market
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Food for the go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The menu had a variety of dishes and the service was okay. We were well attended to. They accept card payment and it was therefore convenient to pay for the group meals. The ambience was relaxing and it worked well since we had an infant with us. The food was tasty but I felt that the servings could be more.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Declining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I first went to Adams arcade Java house years ago and was impressed. `Lots of expats and reasonable food. I went with a friend this July and service was slow and food just ok and they even gave me the bill before I had finished eating!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Best Croissants in Kenya are found here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The service at Java is quite good and they have the best almond croissants in Kenya. There are a number of options in venue but I prefer Junction and Valley Arcade.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Virginia
“Best ice tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very good food..American type food. Cold ice tea is not common in Kenya, but Java House had excellent ice tea. Also prices were very reasonable for Nairobi.

Visited April 2013
nairobi
“the long slow decline continues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

took my first breakfast at Java the first week they opened in '96 in Adams arcade and continued as a fan for many years... but my how the corporate culture of Java has changed... in those Adam's days, the manager, Ben, would do everything from sweep to wipe off tables to help waiters carry the load during peak times... this Texan knew Java was in trouble the first time I got a burrito with something labeled "ranchero" sauce that was nothing of the sort... haven't been a Java customer for many years, but decided to try the place in Westgate since I frequent that mall now... Admitedly, we were there opening week, but it was chaos... no one seemed to knwo what they were doing... and in a total corporate shift, we asked an assistant manager for another bottle of water and she said, "I'll get your waiter." In the old days, the managers would have done anything... we've tried coffee or breakfast at the cavernously empty Gigiri branch a few times, but the service is so damn slow, even for just a coffee, that i walked in and found my waitress actually leaning on the bar... thankful that a few new places in nairobi have much better food... and better service...

Visited May 2013