“Marvellous trip!! Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Explorer Kenya - Safari Day Tours

Explorer Kenya - Safari Day Tours
Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
+254202010639
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 103 Activities in Nairobi
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Marvellous trip!! Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 NEW

This was the first trip for my wife and me to Kenya and we had a marvellous and thoroughly enjoyable trip, courtesy Explorer Kenya! Our guide Peter - though slightly reserved, was a very experienced and skillful driver who knew his terrain and the animals very well. He was very helpful, non-obtrusive and gave us sufficient time to enjoy the sights before us, which is very important during a safari. The vehicle was comfortable and roomy considering that it was just for the two of us. The arrangements made by Explorer Kenya at the Mara, Nakuru and Samburu were excellent. I only wish that the vehicle also had wifi connectivity - but thats alright. Thank you team Explorer Kenya for making this a memorable trip indeed. Look forward for a repeat. - Ashis S. Panikkar

Visited August 2014

Columbia, South Carolina
“The Greatest Of Tour Guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My group of 18 from South Carolina was in your beautiful country June 4-18th. Our Tour Guides were John, Nick, and Moses. We visited last year(June 2013) and had an adventurous time. We requested John and Nick again this year because they are the Greatest. Last year our group was smaller so we only needed 2 guides. I want to give a Special "Shout" to John because he knew where to find the 'Big Fives' of Africa. John is Very Knowledgeable about the animals, and the country. He not only took us to
places of interest but gave us a history of the animals, the areas, and
your culture. There maybe a return trip next June. If there is, we definitely
will be requesting John, Nick, and Moses. Thanks for ALL you've done Guys to make our stay Extra Enjoyable. "Mamastack"

Visited June 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“Best, most wonderful trip ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This is my 2nd trip to Nairobi, John Kariuki as our Tour Guide again, most loving and kind person. From the airport to Ashnil Tent Hotel, to the Samburu Tribe all the way to Masaai Mara Safari. Very respectful, such a strong and great leader to guide our way through the storm while we lost the connection to the Mara Camp because of the terrible storm. It was very dark suddenly, rain poured down, lightning and thunderstorm, John Kariuki assured us it was gonna be ok. It was the best trip for me. We has 3 trucks, 18 of us altogether, John wanted to make sure the safety of all of us. He took us to the lions, tigers, phrinos, the animal crossing, the best sunrise and the most beautiful sunset. Thank you so much, we have pictures of all the great 5 or 10, Africa is the place to be.love, love love it. God bless Nairobi, Kenya and Explorer Kenya Safari Day Tour.

Visited June 2014
Beijing, Beijing, China
“Breathtaking safari ! 终生难忘的肯尼亚之旅”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

After doing some research at TripAdvisor, I chose Explorer Kenya as our safari tour agency and John Kariuki as our driver and guide. It turned out the decision is absolutely right!
We have totally 4 adults and 3 kids and took 12 days 11 nights Nairobi City/Tsavo/Amboseli/Lake Naivasha/Lake Nakuru/Masai Mara/Nairobi City tour. The car is a customized Land Cruiser, which is perfect for the safari. We are so lucky that we saw almost everything we expect to see, the Great Animal Migration, the Big Five, the gorgeous sunrise and sunset, Kilimanjaro ... I would like to say great thanks to John Kariuki. He is the most professional and energetic driver and guide. I hope we will come again.
在TripAdvisor做了点功课之后,我选择了Explorer Kenya来提供此次safari之旅,我们的司机兼导游是John Kariuki。最终证明我们的选择非常正确!
我们共有4个成人和3个小孩,在肯尼亚共计12天11晚,去了Nairobi City/Tsavo/Amboseli/Lake Naivasha/Lake Nakuru/Masai Mara/Nairobi City。车是有可开启顶棚的陆地巡洋舰,空间宽敞,越野能力超强。我们非常幸运,因为我们见到了几乎所有想见的,包括大迁徙、五霸、日出、日落、乞力马扎罗山...... 我们的司机John Kariuki非常敬业和强壮,在此表示衷心的感谢。希望以后再来!

Visited July 2014
East Palo Alto, California
16 attraction reviews
“Amazing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I just got back from a tour with Explorer Kenya to some of Kenya's finest nature parks - Masai Mara, Nakuru, Naivasha and Amboseli.

Two unique factors stand out for me - I was traveling alone and I managed to book this trip the day before I wanted to depart (yay planning). Despite these hurdles, Robert was very willing to work with me and give me a good price. He was also understanding that my wire transfer might take longer than expected to reach him and for that I am grateful.

My guide Michael was an expert at spotting all the wild animals and giving me a detailed description of their behaviors. He was like some kind of walking encyclopedia on Kenyan wildlife but I guess that's to be expected after 12 years in the trade. I really enjoyed our game drives together (~just the two of us~) and also our conversations over dinner about Kenyan life, politics, economics, etc.

The animals and scenery I saw were wonderful beyond description, but sometimes that's beyond anyone's control. As for choices within my control, I'm glad I made the decision to go with Explorer Kenya.

Visited August 2014

Been to Explorer Kenya - Safari Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Explorer Kenya - Safari Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.