“More than expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Explorer Kenya - Safari Day Tours

Explorer Kenya - Safari Day Tours
Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
+254202010639
Attraction Details
Toronto, Canada
“More than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I highly recommend this operator. We received excellent communication from Robert in advance of the safari and he even followed-up afterwards to make sure everything went according to plan. Unexpectedly, we ended up being the only 2 people in the group, so we received our own private guide and 4x4 at no extra charge. The camps and lodges we stayed at were fantastic - the one in Amboseli was a luxury stay, with an excellent pool and spa. Simon was an excellent guide and we saw everything we wanted to see and more.

Overall, much more than I expected from a more budget operator like this - in fact, probably comparable to most higher-end private safaris.

Visited December 2013

New York City, New York
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We did a private safari for 2 at the last minute and had a blast. If you can I'd recommend Simon, who was really fun to ride with as well as informative. But overall the company is really flexible and easy to work with.

Visited January 2014
nsw
“Explorer Kenya 4 day Maasai Mara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

After endless research looking or a 4 day trip to Maasai Mara/ Lake Nakuru I came across Explorer Kenya via Google and consider myself extremely lucky I did. From the time of pick up to drop off, the service provided by this company was excellent. Robert was excellent in replying to my endless emails (thank you!) with regarding the simplest of questions to assisting with my delayed luggage by my airline. Our guide Michael, whose endless supply of information on animal and birdlife was nothing short of amazing and made the trip so much more interesting. We saw all the animals incl elephants, giraffe, and all the incredible range of animals incl a cheetah with cubs, and leopard after a kill! Was truly an amazing trip and I would highly recommend this company for a safari. My sincere thanks to Robert and Michael for making this trip highly memorable!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Amazing Kenya Safari to 6 Parks in 12 days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

5 of my friends and I took a 12 day safari in November 2013. We got a bunch of quotes from a number of tour companies and decided on Explorer Kenya because of the great combination of the price, fast email responses, and sterling reviews on this site. The Trip Advisor reviews were spot on and all of us had a great time.

Robert, at the tour office, was very accommodating during the planning stage of our trip. We wanted to see a lot of sites, and the number of people in our party kept changing. In spite of that, they were quick to provide us with many updated itineraries and options.

Our safari guide was John Kariuki (pronounced like the Japanese pastime: Karaoke) He was super professional, and knowledgeable about the animals, plants, parks and people of Kenya. We felt very secure and entertained during the entire trip. We managed 6 parks in 12 days and it was amazing. The only thing I would have changed about our trip was to have scheduled a rest day with absolutely nothing to do but sit at the pool. Keep in mind when you are making plans that every day is packed with game drives and/or drives to the next park. ALL days start out at 7:00am and end at 6:00pm! I know it's tempting to maximize your time, but ya know, smell the roses.

The accommodations were chosen for us by Explorer Kenya based on availability and price. They were all top notch. All had excellent facilities, including pools, beautiful settings, and scenery. The food at *all* of the lodges was one of the major highlights of the trip. Kenya has an amazing abundance of fresh vegetables and salads. All of the accommodations were buffet style and the quality of the food was perfection. (I'm telling you, I don't know how they provided piles of super crisp, delicious, and non-soggy vegetables at a buffet.) The best of the buffet items were the veggies, salads, and Indian curries. Although, some of the lodges served good wood-fired pizza. One other note is that the tented camps were as comfortable or even more comfortable than the lodges! (All tents were attached to huge private bathrooms w/ hot showers and had all the usual amenities.)

One last item was that we were lucky to have had a huge jeep (Toyota Land Cruiser) as our safari vehicle. If you plan on going in the rainy season, you might want to request that type of vehicle. Most other safari vehicles we saw were vans which tended to get stuck when it rained.

Oh yea, we saw a lot of animals too. ;)

Berlin, Germany
“Great safari in November 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Our first time in Kenia was an 8-days Safari with Kenia Expoler in November 2013. Our driver was Nick. An excellent organization, perfect service, professional communication, a very competent and experienced driver - all this makes our vacation to the best and most enjoyable holidays we ever had! We always felt safe with our driver and we got a lot of interesting information from him about the country, the culture, the people and the animals. He has shown us really all animals that can be seen on a safari in Kenya in 5 National Parks that we have visited (incl. some rare animal species like serval cat).
Thank you very much for the great time!

Visited November 2013

Been to Explorer Kenya - Safari Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Explorer Kenya - Safari Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.