“An amazing birthday getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Emakoko

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Emakoko
You added The Emakoko to your Saves list
P.O.Box 738 | Uhuru Gardens, Nairobi GP 00517, Kenya   |
Ranked #2 of 100 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
“An amazing birthday getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for just one night at Emakoko for his birthday and it was perfect. The staff were very attentive and professional. The meals were delicious and beautifully presented. The grounds and the pool were expertly looked after. Our room was very comfortable with a gorgeous view. We live in Nairobi and it was so nice to get away and see the beauty of Kenya. We can't wait to come back! Thank you so much!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

the Nairobi Park has always been, since childhood, a very special place for me. Since the opening of the Emakoko it is even more special! We have now been there twice and we plan to visit often. Emma and Anton are lovely hosts, the lodge is luxurious but comfortable at the same time, the staff are cheerful and attentive but not overly and the joy of being in the bush but not that far from home is a huge plus for those of us living in Nairobi. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

What an excellent trip we just had to the Emakoko. Everyone was incredibly hospitable and the hotel itself is beautiful. We didn't get a chance to meet Emma and Anton but Chris and Rachel were excellent hosts in their place. We decided to make a last minute trip and Chris was extremely helpful working out the details the day before we arrived. Sylvester was an excellent guide; he was very knowledgable about the park and always willing to answer our questions. On our last day, we hadn't yet seen any lions and Sylvester made sure we saw two male lions on the drive to the airport. This was also our first trip with our 3 month old baby and we couldn't have asked for a better vacation!

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower level might be better for families with kids.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the Emakoko for 3 nights in February with a large group of 20, when we visited Kenya for my daughter's wedding, which the Emakoko also hosted. The managers, Emma and Anton, were unbelievable - they were so on top of everything - from organizing transfers for all the guests, to amazing and creative menus that accommodated everyone's dietary requirements (we had one vegan, one gluten free, two vegetarians, and all picky eaters, and all the food was delicious), to organizing game drives and visits to the elephant orphanage and giraffe center.

Everything was absolutely perfect and made the whole wedding absolutely seamless - despite I'm sure what was a nightmare in planning! Not only that but Emma and Anton are just delightful to be around and everyone really enjoyed getting to know them. The Emakoko was 100% a highlight of our trip - made us feel completely at home and utterly cared for, so we didn't have to worry about anything. The property is breathtaking, the game drives were exciting (lion, rhino, tons of plains game), the rooms were large, well appointed, beautifully furnished, with beautiful views and huge tubs, the staff were so kind and attentive - we cannot wait to go back and would highly recommend to anyone!!!

Room Tip: The higher rooms have sprawling views, but would recommend a lower room for those who might have tro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was recently on a short business trip to Kenya. I wanted to do a bit of Game viewing and my work colleagues recommended a stay at Emakoko. I only had one night but they picked me up early and took me on a game drive en-route to the Hotel. The lodge itself is a delight. It is perched on a hillside with an outlook over the river which bounds the park. At night I slept with my doors wide open, letting in the sounds of the night. the food was perfect, and the hosts, Anton and Emma mde me feel very welcome. I took three game drives and was blown away by the diverstiy of game. In the evening we ate our dinner by the pool while some staff kept a watchful eye on a hippo and a buffalo which had strayed a bit close. At no time in my stay did I feel like I was close to a major city. I will come back with my family - I can't imagine a better way to start and finish a trip to Kenya.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
northern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The choice of Embakoko lodge on the last day of our Kenyan safari in Nairobi turned out to be excellent and we did see black and white Rhino, albeit at a distance. The lodge itself is stunning and very upscale with period photographs of old Nairobi and the park on the walls. The food and service was excellent and the fact its located about 25 minutes from the international airport makes it a perfect location for the last day, or the first day assuming you have a full day in Nairobi on the way in. Emma and Anton were also great hosts and despite the short time (8 hours) there, it was a wonderful farewell to our safari. I still remember the lovely dinner with scores of hurricane lamps near the pool and the sounds of animals from the park making it seem we were far from civilization.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just returned from Kenya andEthiopia and had the great pleasure of staying at Emakoko at the beginning of our trip and at the end. It was perfection across the board. From the moment we were met at the airport to returning us to the airport we were met with kindness, expertise, comfort and great adventure. The food was superb and the staff was terrific. Emma and Anton a treat. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Emakoko? Share your experiences!