“The Place to be” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Emakoko

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Emakoko
You added The Emakoko to your Saves list
P.O.Box 738 | Uhuru Gardens, Nairobi GP 00517, Kenya   |
Ranked #2 of 105 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
New York City, New York
“The Place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at the Emakoko for two nights and we must let the whole world knows about the unmatched hospitality we got from this wonderful Lodge.we met at the airport by Sylvester,helped us with our luggage into his custom built Toyota land cruiser truck and briefed us on the short journey to the Lodge.He was really polite,friendly,soft spoken and highly conversant with the wildlife in the park.
We saw a white rhino,jackals and aard wolf by the road on our way to the Lodge though it was at night and we felt like we were doing a night game drive and that was so cool.Once we arrived we found Anton with other staff members who ushered us in carrying our bags and leading us across the foot bridge across the river into Emakoko.The food was perfect and the rooms too.
The following day we had an early morning game drive with Sylvester and he showed us the lions,more rhinos,zebras,lots of giraffes,impalas,harterbeests,acroc,hippo n water birds.
We also visited the elephant orphanage,Karen blixen museum and curio shops.
We departed for Serengeti to continue our safari wishing that we could stay longer at this marvelous Lodge,thank you so much Anton,Sylvester and the rest of the team at emakoko surely we must come back this time it will be Purely Emakoko.Happy New year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the Emakoko for two days in September either side of a trip to the Mara and Mauritius.

The lodge is built on a small valley just outside Nairobi national park. There are lovely views into the park from the lodge and both the communal areas and the lodge has been designed to make the most of its location.

The room was beautiful but what impressed us most was the welcome we received from Anton, Emma and the staff at the lodge. Service was first class and the food was very good.

We went on two game drives both of which were superb. After telling Anton that we hadn't seen any rhino he found 12 for us in around an hour!

We'd definitely recommend staying here and plan to return.

• Stayed September 2012
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I visited the Emakoko on December 29th 2012, staying just one night before a horse riding safari. Unfortunately my flight was very delayed which was a real shame as I would have loved to have stayed longer in this lovely lodge. However the short time I spent was super; I was 'meeted and greeted' by Elizaban at the airport and driven straight to the lodge where I enjoyed an excellent lunch. Even though I was really only ready for a rest I went for a game drive in the afternoon where I had my best sighting of a Serval cat to date, an unexpected bonus with pictures to prove it! Back at the lodge my room was excellent; I did not mind a climb as the view was worth it! Plenty of space, a very comfortable bed and a bath overlooking the valley (plus giraffe!). Emma was a warm and gracious hostess and made me feel very welcome. Indeed all the staff were great and treated me very well. The food was very good and the lodge catered very well for me as a vegetarian. I would not hesitate to recommend the Emakoko to people visiting Nairobi, just be sure to give yourself enough time to really enjoy the Emakoko experience!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Palo Alto, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Anton and Emma, thank you for creating Emakoko. What an amazing piece of paradise..Every part of our stay was great, starting from the beautiful view from our very comfortable room,the terrific staff and service, delicious meals (my kids loved the food), chilling in the afternoons with a baby Impala for company, fun game drives especially the one with Anton and most of all, you two. Location is perfect and right within Nairobi National Park so you can avoid the crazy traffic from the airport when you arrive into the city. Close to Wilson Airport to connect to all the flights for safaris within Kenya and also easy access to the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Park. We will surely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

First and foremost I must state that for all the time my wife and I have been on safari,we have never experienced the kind of hospitality we got when we stayed in this property.
Right from the airport we were met by Sylvester who was our driver guide throuhout the time we spent in Emakoko,he was a soft spoken guy whose defensive driving skills,knowledge of the wildlife in the nairobi park and knowledge of the international current affairs made us very happy during our stay.he took us to the elephant orphanage and to the city centre for shopping and here we were left speechless how he was manouvering with alot of ease in a very bad traffic without any incident while at the same time informing us about Nairobi though we were informed later on by Anton that Syl was a driving trainer before coming to work for the lodge.
The rooms,food are excellent and other staff members are also very friendly and helpful.
we take this opportunity to reccommend this lodge for anybody who wants total piece of mind and the finest Kenyan hospitality!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This absolute gem sits across a foot bridge from the Nairobi National Park. It is accessible from the park itself or the road outside the park and they will pick you up at the airport or elsewhere in Nairobi. The setting is fabulous with animals from the area visiting. Each house is beautifully appointed, the staff is highly engaged in making one feel comfortable, food is excellent. Compared to the hubbub of the city, this gem offers the views and sounds of nature and Nairobi as it was. The hotel is new but the design and appointments give one the feeling of absolute peace. After a long flight or a day of business and traffic, this is the perfect place to stay as a gateway to a longer trip into Kenya or as a place for meeting a quiet.

Room Tip: All rooms have a gorgeous view and mine had a view from the marvelous bath tub.