“Fantastic lodge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Emakoko

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Emakoko
You added The Emakoko to your Saves list
P.O.Box 738 | Uhuru Gardens, Nairobi GP 00517, Kenya   |
Ranked #2 of 107 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
“Fantastic lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the Emakoko for two days in September either side of a trip to the Mara and Mauritius.

The lodge is built on a small valley just outside Nairobi national park. There are lovely views into the park from the lodge and both the communal areas and the lodge has been designed to make the most of its location.

The room was beautiful but what impressed us most was the welcome we received from Anton, Emma and the staff at the lodge. Service was first class and the food was very good.

We went on two game drives both of which were superb. After telling Anton that we hadn't seen any rhino he found 12 for us in around an hour!

We'd definitely recommend staying here and plan to return.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I visited the Emakoko on December 29th 2012, staying just one night before a horse riding safari. Unfortunately my flight was very delayed which was a real shame as I would have loved to have stayed longer in this lovely lodge. However the short time I spent was super; I was 'meeted and greeted' by Elizaban at the airport and driven straight to the lodge where I enjoyed an excellent lunch. Even though I was really only ready for a rest I went for a game drive in the afternoon where I had my best sighting of a Serval cat to date, an unexpected bonus with pictures to prove it! Back at the lodge my room was excellent; I did not mind a climb as the view was worth it! Plenty of space, a very comfortable bed and a bath overlooking the valley (plus giraffe!). Emma was a warm and gracious hostess and made me feel very welcome. Indeed all the staff were great and treated me very well. The food was very good and the lodge catered very well for me as a vegetarian. I would not hesitate to recommend the Emakoko to people visiting Nairobi, just be sure to give yourself enough time to really enjoy the Emakoko experience!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Palo Alto, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Anton and Emma, thank you for creating Emakoko. What an amazing piece of paradise..Every part of our stay was great, starting from the beautiful view from our very comfortable room,the terrific staff and service, delicious meals (my kids loved the food), chilling in the afternoons with a baby Impala for company, fun game drives especially the one with Anton and most of all, you two. Location is perfect and right within Nairobi National Park so you can avoid the crazy traffic from the airport when you arrive into the city. Close to Wilson Airport to connect to all the flights for safaris within Kenya and also easy access to the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Park. We will surely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

First and foremost I must state that for all the time my wife and I have been on safari,we have never experienced the kind of hospitality we got when we stayed in this property.
Right from the airport we were met by Sylvester who was our driver guide throuhout the time we spent in Emakoko,he was a soft spoken guy whose defensive driving skills,knowledge of the wildlife in the nairobi park and knowledge of the international current affairs made us very happy during our stay.he took us to the elephant orphanage and to the city centre for shopping and here we were left speechless how he was manouvering with alot of ease in a very bad traffic without any incident while at the same time informing us about Nairobi though we were informed later on by Anton that Syl was a driving trainer before coming to work for the lodge.
The rooms,food are excellent and other staff members are also very friendly and helpful.
we take this opportunity to reccommend this lodge for anybody who wants total piece of mind and the finest Kenyan hospitality!!!!

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This absolute gem sits across a foot bridge from the Nairobi National Park. It is accessible from the park itself or the road outside the park and they will pick you up at the airport or elsewhere in Nairobi. The setting is fabulous with animals from the area visiting. Each house is beautifully appointed, the staff is highly engaged in making one feel comfortable, food is excellent. Compared to the hubbub of the city, this gem offers the views and sounds of nature and Nairobi as it was. The hotel is new but the design and appointments give one the feeling of absolute peace. After a long flight or a day of business and traffic, this is the perfect place to stay as a gateway to a longer trip into Kenya or as a place for meeting a quiet.

Room Tip: All rooms have a gorgeous view and mine had a view from the marvelous bath tub.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Emakoko is absolutely superb. I travel a lot through Africa and for a city destination this cannot be beaten. The food, accommodations, service and management are second to none. I awoke in the morning to the roar of a lion in the distance and had breakfast watching bushbuck and impala 50 yards away.I wish I had stayed longer.

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a wonderful lodge in Nairobi Park just outside the city of Nairobi. You will think you are in a nature reserve and you are!!! The traffic in Nairobi is legendary - and terrible and at Emakoko you can escape almost all of it (and get to the airports on time). Anton and Emma make you feel right at home. Food is certainly gourmet and served in a lovely dining area. You can watch birds and wildlife right from your private balcony. This is the elegant way to escape the city and there are game drives as well. We saw rhino, buffalo, impala, lion, giraffe, etc all just driving into and out of the lodge. We have stayed in many game lodges in Africa and this is a match for any of them and a great way to start or end a Safari if you are flying out of Wilson Airport or Jomo Kenyatta. You can really get stuck in traffic at times with the city hotels.

There is also a lovely pool although we did not partake of that. They can arrange activities for you. We went shopping to some of the craft shops and also went to the Sheldrick Elepant Orphan's Project which is in the Park.

Room Tip: It appeared to us that all rooms overlook the reserve and all balconies would have a good view. The...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Emakoko? Share your experiences!