“Great Pasta but Terrible Tiramisu” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Nairobi
“Great Pasta but Terrible Tiramisu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I'm always anxious at trying new places and not knowing the reputation of their food. But I got it right and ordered the Pasta Osteria with a delicious cream-based tomato sauce and mushrooms. Just to die for!!!! Decided to conclude this lovely meal with dessert and ordered the Tiramisu. What I received was a piece of dry cake with icing on top and that's what they call "Tiramisu". Okay, so maybe it was their own version but there were no lady fingers, not even a taste of the coffee liquer. I was HUGELY disappointed and returned the cake. I can't believe that they would pass this for Tiramisu. I suggest that you take a quick trip downstairs to the newly-opened bakery called Tiramisu and have them make Tiramisu on your behalf because theirs is 100% authentic and the best I've had, ever.
I will definitely return for the pasta just not dessert:)

• Visited August 2013

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Terrible service!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I could not find Osteria warwick centre on tripadvisor but since it is located in gigiri, this is the closest connection I thought.

I went to this restaurant with a friend on the 26/08/2013 and was very disappointed. There is some construction work going on at Warwick centre hence the outside sitting of the restaurant has terrible views of cement bags and tools! There was absolutely no music, nor any live band to entertain the guests. My friend and I ordered a cocktail. My friends cocktail came after 30 mins and it was more like a mocktail hence he had to send it back and ask them to add an extra shot of vodka. After another 40 mins they came and advised me that my cocktail was not possible as they had run out of strawerries.I was shocked! It took them 1hr 10 mins to come and tell me that they couldnt prepare a drink!!

We finally waited for the food. The bruschetta in the starters menu was impressive.My friend ordered a linguine with brocolli as a main dish which was sooo dry and it wasnt nice at all. My gnocchi was alright. In the end as a way of "sorry" they offered a tiramisu on the house - which might I add tasted old and bitter much like the taste osteria warwick centre left in my mouth!

A tip - reading the reviews for other osterias,it looks like the village centre one is good if one MUST visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Nice food and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Located in the Village Market, Gigiri.
The best lamb chops in the city! Juicy, tasty, simply delicious! Candles on the tables, makes it a special dinner along with the nice jazz small trio they have. Perfect!

Visited August 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“what a surprise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Came here with some of the girls, and we all were so happy with our dishes.
I ordered the fresh gnocchi, it was terrific. highly recommended if you want fresh and fanastic Italian!!!
The ravioli, was great as well as the other pasta dished we tried.

• Visited July 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

it was my daughters birthday and was a special occassion. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.
which was steak, ravioli, chicken and fish .
The decor is nice and it a beautiful place.

• Visited February 2013