“Nice garden” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Nice garden”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The restaurant has a very nice garden, the atmosphere is relaxed and soothing, there is a small fountain as well. We went for lunch, had buffet, it was not splendid or too diverse, but it had the soup, the salad, the starch (roasted potatoes were excellent), vegetables, beef stew and chicken. Deserts they do not have, but will serve a miserable portion of fruits with tiny pieces of watermelon, pineapple or banana. A la carte includes pork, beef, goat, chicken, some pasta, sandwiches, breakfast menu. There is wifi, but somehow it was too much for a waiter to get us the code, as if no one ever asked for it, so we did not get it in the end. The service was a bit slow (drinks arrived towards the middle of the meal)), but the waiter was friendly and attentive. However, in the end he 'forgot' to put the drinks on the bill, so he got the drinks money without issuing the fiscal receipt for the higher amount, thus ending up with a huge tip.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“What a Sham!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

For whatever it is worth I would like to provide you with feedback in relation to our wedding after-party on 21 December 2013 - hopefully this will ensure that you provide better service to your other guests/customers.

Kudos to the kitchen team, they did a fab job in ensuring that our guests were well fed despite the numbers almost being double that 50 we had expected.

This said, Wanja and I were greatly disappointed by the quality of the other services afforded to us and our guests - it is more painful that this was after your reassurance over a period of 4 months that all would go well and us living to our end of the bargain in terms of constant follow up and payment.

Our disappointment:

1.The agreed venue (Poolside) was not available and upon our arrival we had to literally had to kick-out other patrons from this space and idle aimlessly as the space was hurriedly set up;
2.The set-up at the venue was not as per our agreement and we had to make do with the make-shift set-up - the type of tables and seat agreed upon were not availed, the heaters/jikos were not provided as agreed - after lengthy pleading with the manager on duty we manged to get two jikos to share amongst 100 people - hope you get the absurdity;
3.Despite having been in constant communication with you over a period of four months, the manager on duty on the night did not appear to have any brief about our function and was least helpful. Whilst we appreciate and did not necessarily expect you to have been on duty on the day, we expected that there would at least have been a decent brief to the duty manager - talking to you on phone on the night was not helpful at all;
4.The waiter service (more lack of service) -it still beats me how one waiter was supposed to attend to 50 people and the manager on duty could not work it himself that he needed to increase the number of waiters available to our party as the numbers grew - we literally had to beg for waiters to be assigned to our party (not like it was your busiest night of the year); and
5.The DJ - Please don't market yourself as having an in-house DJ. It is unfortunate that we had to get involved in your internal wrangling with your service providers over fees and still ended up with a 3rd rate DJ with no understanding of music or crowd dynamics and who refused to meet with us before hand to agree on our choice of music.You should rather let your customers source their own DJs.

May be our party of 100 was too small to warrant your first class service, but this was a once of event in our lives and the above the memories we will always have of our wedding after-party - just hope you make use of our feedback and that you will not mess up other people's memories.

Regards
Job

• Visited December 2013
nairobi
“disaster at its best”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked for a luncheon and the staff acted "suprised" when I arrived there with my guests. The place reserved for my guests had other patrons, the tables were dirty and sorrounded by flies! The service was terrible and whereas I had indicated that I shall be there by 3pm, the food was served at 4! therefore we waited for one whole hour. I had baked chicken on my menu which was served at 5 pm after the guests had already eaten and their lame excuse was that there was no electricity! really! what happened to back up power supplies? The place is a total disaster and I will not be returning and neither will I recommend the place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Has unexploited potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to Bonds for dinner and drinks. I was not that hungry and when the food came I was sure I'd eat only half of it, but I actually ate every morsel. The pork chops were quite good. The service is quite wanting though, we had to keep waiting for a waiter to walk into the room. It was not very populated and at around 1030 shutters started coming down. It is however a nice place to go if you'd like to have a conversational evening, fairly peaceful and not too loud.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“I won't be back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place has the potential to be a nice restaurant, and would probably be OK if a small number of people want to eat there. they can't cope with a large group, and the service in general was terrible. The knives and forks were put on a plate in the middle of the table for everyone to find what they wanted as there were fish knives mixed up with steak knives. The food when it came after 2 hours was variable. The fish and chips was fine, but other dishes quite peculiar. Probably a lunch for a small group would be OK there, don't take a large party in the evening!

• Visited July 2013