“Many times I have stayed there” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fahari Guest House

Save Saved
You added Fahari Guest House to your Saves list
Fahari Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Rhapta Road, near New Rehema House, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #75 of 154 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Nairobi, Kenya
“Many times I have stayed there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

and it was always an excellent experience. I am in Nairobi twice per year,staying 1 month at a time. You are treated as a family member traveling thru. The staff and management are beyond helpful, but readily become your friends for life. They are very sincere and caring. It is a small place with on the average smaller rooms that are kept very clean. They are currently having challenges with a router for internet that is not so powerful and most rooms are limited to local channels...but they are trying to correct this deficiency.

If you really want perfection , perhaps you need to be in a First world country. And I am sure if you like to complain about things in life you can find something here to do so, however if as a positive person you want a simple ,nice ,SAFE place to stay ...this is it .The breakfast with your room is sort of whatever you want (hot or cold and however you want your eggs) The area of West-lands is the area where you want to stay and there is no other place like this there. It is an only a 11 min walk to Sarit Mall where you have shops restaurants and movie theater.You can try the Jacaranda Hotel however at $250..it is sooooo overpriced. Other hotels in Westlands or downtown are extremely expensive ($200 -$400) and at best they are simply like a Quality Inn. At the other end of spectrum are very cheap hotels in old Nairobi or Eastlands all in very dicey areas where you would not want to stay. I will continue to always make this my base as I do my Medical Volunteering in Kenya

Room Tip: check for strong internet connection
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
bujumbura
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

i visited the place with my family despite the comments i had read about the place but what i
encountered is totally different from what i had read ealier only to be told there is a change of f management what i enjoyed most is the friendly staff my children felt like being at home these made it heard for me on my check out time to separate them from the staffs rooms are cleaned daily and my things in the room were not tempered with even in my absence my wife enjoyed sitting in the garden as she warm herself on the sun i will recommend these place for those who would wish more than a vacation in nairobi and want to feel like being at home ..then fahari is the place

Room Tip: rooms on the lower garden are quiete and more friendly and the garden provide the fresh air as you e...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed 3 nights here (2 nights longer than I should have). It's located in a quiet area and I felt safe there. However, the windows didn't shut completely creating a problem with the mosquitoes, plus the mosquito net had a couple tears in it which I fixed myself. The bathroom was okay but very dated. If I was desperate I would stay there again but there are other places in Nairobi worth the value for what you are paying, more so than Fahari.

Room Tip: I asked to see the room and the room I was shown was small and the door to the bathroom would barely...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed in an apartment with my wife for two nights and paid $100 for each night, which was okay. They serve breakfast but do not have their own food. You have to make an order and pay twice the cost of the food you have ordered. The windows do not close firmly, allowing mosquitoes to freely find their way in. The plumbing is poor with the shower not working. Light in the bathroom not working and no one bothers to have it fixed. Any service requested for is overpriced. Do not use the guest house van before negotiating the price. The trick is to have you use it and then you are asked to pay an outrageous sum. I used it for only 7 hours just within the vicinity of the guest house and was asked to pay $360, which I of course contested and was forced to involve police and police had to ask them to justify this abnormal bill. I ended up paying them $70, which I still find way beyond the average cost. My advice is, go there only if you have nowhere else to go.

Room Tip: I did not have a chance to look at the other rooms but I was told that my room was the best since th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fahari Guest House? Share your experiences!