“Overpriced for the accommodation” 3 of 5 stars

Fahari Guest House
and 1 more site!
You added Fahari Guest House to your Saves list
Fahari Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Rhapta Road, near New Rehema House, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #73 of 194 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Wilmington, Delaware
“Overpriced for the accommodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed 3 nights here (2 nights longer than I should have). It's located in a quiet area and I felt safe there. However, the windows didn't shut completely creating a problem with the mosquitoes, plus the mosquito net had a couple tears in it which I fixed myself. The bathroom was okay but very dated. If I was desperate I would stay there again but there are other places in Nairobi worth the value for what you are paying, more so than Fahari.

Room Tip: I asked to see the room and the room I was shown was small and the door to the bathroom would barely...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed in an apartment with my wife for two nights and paid $100 for each night, which was okay. They serve breakfast but do not have their own food. You have to make an order and pay twice the cost of the food you have ordered. The windows do not close firmly, allowing mosquitoes to freely find their way in. The plumbing is poor with the shower not working. Light in the bathroom not working and no one bothers to have it fixed. Any service requested for is overpriced. Do not use the guest house van before negotiating the price. The trick is to have you use it and then you are asked to pay an outrageous sum. I used it for only 7 hours just within the vicinity of the guest house and was asked to pay $360, which I of course contested and was forced to involve police and police had to ask them to justify this abnormal bill. I ended up paying them $70, which I still find way beyond the average cost. My advice is, go there only if you have nowhere else to go.

Room Tip: I did not have a chance to look at the other rooms but I was told that my room was the best since th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple