“Extremely Happy With Safe Ride” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 103 activities in Nairobi
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
London, United Kingdom
“Extremely Happy With Safe Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

First time to Kenya and was a bit nervous planning the safari. Francis was very prompt in repsonding to my emails. He sorted out a few airport pick ups since my group was coming from different places.

We had Joseph as our driver and he was great. He provided lots of information about the animals, always listened to us if we wanted to stop or go somewhere else, and was respectful to the environment/park rules. After the Maasai Mara trip we organised another one day trip to Lake Nakuru with Safe Ride and again it was another pleasant trip.

If I need to plan another safari in Kenya I will definitely be choosing Safe Ride.

Visited April 2013

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Another well run trip - thanks Safe Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I've just come back from our tenth trip to Kenya. We've used Safe Ride for all of them, to provide transport for our charity volunteer groups working in remote communities near Lake Victoria.
Francis sorts out the trip details very efficiently and quickly, adapting the itinerary to meet our needs. The minibuses are functional and comfortable rather than luxurious but that's what we want. They have proven to be very reliable, despite the punishment they receive. The drivers are outstanding. Their local knowledge is great - everything from history and wildlife to where we can find a cheap meal.
Trip 11 will be in July.

Visited March 2013
York, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Glad we went with Safe Ride.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We couldn't have picked a better company. Even though the group we were supposed to go with pulled out, they were professional enough to basically give us a private Safari tour for the group price because that was the price we had agreed on. Catherine, the lady who we booked with, was very nice, but our driver was GREAT! He was soooo knowledgeable and informative, we could not have asked for more. Their camp is 1km away from the Masai Mara so we were in and out of the park in minutes. Would definitely recommend this place.

Visited February 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Completely satisfied- very glad we tried Safe Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a completely satisfying experience with Safe Ride and would definitely suggest you give them a try. We visited a few offices in one manic afternoon in Nairobi and upon coming into Safe Ride's humble office, I wasn't expecting too much. There wasn't a great deal of up-to-date marketing material or salesmanship on offer but the more we spoke with them, the better we felt. They were flexible and helpful in arranging our itinerary and offered the best value private safari we'd come across. All was set to leave the next morning and they reasonably allowed us to pay the bulk of the fee after checking out the vehicle (which was fine.)
It was smooth sailing from then on: impressive accommodation at both Tsavo and Amboseli, no major delays, no forced souvenir shopping or time wasting. Decent vehicle, back-up service in case of breakdowns though we had no such trouble. All in all I was left wondering why my usual instinct is to trust a fancy office or modern website.. when local, no fuss companies like Safe Ride give you a great holiday and great value. It even turns out that they've been established for over a decade.. despite Lonely Planet still listing them as 'new.'
Our guide, Robert, was a legend. Sensible older bloke, quite knowledgeable about wildlife and with a genuine interest in showing us the best on offer- I liked that on one occasion he saw a rare sub-species of antelope and keenly reached for his field guide to find out what it was. Was also happy to talk about Kenya's history, culture, politics.. and with a little prompting, the Premier League. He was a good egg and patiently waited with us to make sure we made our connecting shuttle bus at the Tanzania border.
So if you're looking to have a great safari experience for a good price with no fuss, then get in touch with Safe Ride.

Visited October 2012
Fremont, CA
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent service at a very reasonable price…”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Used Safe Ride for 2nd time and found that they are just super. I used them in 2010 and now I used them for 13 day Safari Tour – Tanzania and Kenya and found them just super. Even during tour, I had few issues which I addressed to them via email, issues were getting resolved like anything. I took a budget tour and they put us in a very luxurious Tented Camp – Kibo - in Amboseli. It was just super. I think their regular price is $350 + per night and I stayed there for 2 days. BTW, Kibo is a very nice luxury tented camp – nice restaurant, great cook, great food, tents are just super – all most like American standards, having solar system for hot water – lot of good things about Kibo.

Just few steps to follow to get best out of best:
1. Try to make a deal directly with the company rather than working with an Agent.
2. Please let owner know what you likes and the purpose of your tour and let him know to communicate driver accordingly. This is very very important as driver is the king with whom you are going to deal. Based on your likings and your energy level, you can tell the owner that driver should starts game drive early – all most all the parks opens at 6:00 AM and closes at 6:00 PM but most of the time, they do allow people to stay in the park till 6:30 PM. Remember that early morning and late evening game drive will allow you to see which most of the people don’t see. Vehicle MUST have a wireless radio set – which allows driver to understand what’s going on in the park. When driver see something, they announce on wireless radio set and that will hear in the car if they have wireless radio set. If there’s no radio wireless set in the car, you are at your own to find where big fives are and that will take lot of time.
3. Last thing and very important for anyone, before booking, please ask them how many people are in the tour and how many seats are in the car. For your comfort and comfort of others, make sure that 20% seats are open. Remember, you are going for a safari game drive not travelling in a shuttle bus from one town to another. For Masi Mara, all seats where occupied and I felt it like I was in a shuttle bus.

Visited October 2012

Been to Safe Ride Tours & Safaris? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Safe Ride Tours & Safaris, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later