“Excellent service at a very reasonable price…” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Fremont, CA
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent service at a very reasonable price…”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Used Safe Ride for 2nd time and found that they are just super. I used them in 2010 and now I used them for 13 day Safari Tour – Tanzania and Kenya and found them just super. Even during tour, I had few issues which I addressed to them via email, issues were getting resolved like anything. I took a budget tour and they put us in a very luxurious Tented Camp – Kibo - in Amboseli. It was just super. I think their regular price is $350 + per night and I stayed there for 2 days. BTW, Kibo is a very nice luxury tented camp – nice restaurant, great cook, great food, tents are just super – all most like American standards, having solar system for hot water – lot of good things about Kibo.

Just few steps to follow to get best out of best:
1. Try to make a deal directly with the company rather than working with an Agent.
2. Please let owner know what you likes and the purpose of your tour and let him know to communicate driver accordingly. This is very very important as driver is the king with whom you are going to deal. Based on your likings and your energy level, you can tell the owner that driver should starts game drive early – all most all the parks opens at 6:00 AM and closes at 6:00 PM but most of the time, they do allow people to stay in the park till 6:30 PM. Remember that early morning and late evening game drive will allow you to see which most of the people don’t see. Vehicle MUST have a wireless radio set – which allows driver to understand what’s going on in the park. When driver see something, they announce on wireless radio set and that will hear in the car if they have wireless radio set. If there’s no radio wireless set in the car, you are at your own to find where big fives are and that will take lot of time.
3. Last thing and very important for anyone, before booking, please ask them how many people are in the tour and how many seats are in the car. For your comfort and comfort of others, make sure that 20% seats are open. Remember, you are going for a safari game drive not travelling in a shuttle bus from one town to another. For Masi Mara, all seats where occupied and I felt it like I was in a shuttle bus.

Visited October 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“Great experience using Safe Ride Tours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We used Safe Ride Tours on a recommendation of our tour operator in Tanzania. We can say the experience was positive. Emails were answered in a very timely manner, and offered good suggestions. Paying the deposit was no problem, and then paying the balance on arrival in Nairobi. Our guide met us at the hotel and walked us to the office for our briefing. We can say our safari in Kenya went off without a hitch. We liked the accommodation that suggested, and our driver/guide was excellent also. We arrived in Nairobi at 3:00am, and our driver was waiting for us at the airport.
Overall the experience was excellent, and would recommend using this company.
Thank you for making our entrance to Africa so positive. We had a trip of a lifetime.

Visited May 2012
Amsterdam
10 attraction reviews
“Great one day safari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I chose Safe Ride, as they were the cheapest I could find - even though I still found the price very high for a 1-day trip. And I am happy I did so, I had a great trip to Hell's gate and Lake Nakuru, with a wonderful hike, quite some gate spotting and a relaxed lunch by the lake. My guide / driver was very friendly and helpful - and the company did a great job in tailoring the trip to my schedule and interests!

Visited June 2012
Brussels, Belgium
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

We were very happy with the services provided by Safe Ride. They were recommended to us by Achmed of Basecamp Tanzania. Despite some mixed reviews on this forum, we decided to trust them with the Kenyan part of our safari . Francis Muchiri of safe ride has been great. He was always very helpfull and responsive. Our guide Jackson Mbiti was excellent. He spotted the animals faster than many other guides. We would go back any time.

Visited August 2011