Stayed for 2 nights with a group of 4 young people in July 2013.
Hotels are surprisingly expensive in Nairobi, especially in the peak winter months as traveler's make this the hub of doing safaris. It was difficult for us to find an affordable hotel which was safe.
1 night stay for a 2 person room was about 80 dollars.
- late check in (1AM and early departure, 1 full day in the city and 6am departure on the 3rd day)
- service was decent. The staff showed imitative in helping carry luggage to and from the room for a small service fee. Please consider tipping any time you receive a service in Kenya (even service that is included within your tour/hotel stay) as they will derive a much higher value than you from that dollar bill.
- room was comparable to a substandard hostel room. Small, hard bed, small TV which didn't work, lukewarm shower water and overall looking unclean. Again, curb your expectations.
- breakfast was inadequate per western standards. Piece of sausage with eggs with some fruit on the side - curb your expectations so you wouldn't be disappointing..
- The biggest part about the hotel is that we felt safe. There were staff patrolling around the building throughout the night. They had a safe to store our valuables as well as a locked luggage room.
Although our stay was not the most pleasant due to the poor condition of the hotel. There isn't much choice for the budget travelling in Nairobi making the Transit Hotel, sadly, one of the better choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nairobi Transit Hotel is a modern, affordable, business-friendly hotel on the edge of Nairobi's CBD. The hotel is situated in the business district and is close to Nairobi National Museum and Kenya National Theatre. The property is less than 30 minutes from the airport and conveniently located for onward safaris out of Nairobi. Room amenities include complimentary high-speed wireless internet, LCD televisions with premium cable channels and balconies accessible via sliding glass doors offering city views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Nairobi Transit Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.