“Much needed destress and it worked!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 104 activities in Nairobi
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A Sanctuary hidden in the busy Westlands district on Peponi Road. Wild Earth Day Spa is a unique concept in spa and relaxation. A facility inspired by Moroccan theme design to relax, rejuvenate, and revive all of the bodies senses. Pamper yourself with a massage, body scrub, manicure, and a fabulous hair style at our boutique salon. Put back a little of what life takes out and call us to book your special appointment. Parking is safe and on private premises.
Nairobi
10 attraction reviews
“Much needed destress and it worked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

So Wild Earth Spa isnt the cheapest but I opted to pick a treatment called Wild Bride of the Nile...lol maybe its the name but the treatment sounded like what I needed after a stressful year.

I got there in time and I must admit that was the best couple of hours I had in a long time. I am so happy they finally got disposable thongs that made sense for more voluptuous women...last time I was there it snapped twice..lol. I really enjoyed the jaccuzi session!

I liked my therapist a lot! Catherine is her name. She actually managed to get me to nap through a deep tissue therapy which I usually cant sit through..it was pretty effective and I did not get the dreaded soreness after, infact it was so effective with some scar tissue I have had...I feel very good about her work and I think this will be the beginning of a routine thing I will indulge in...despite the price! (eek!)

My only pet peeve is the fact that the changing room can get a bit crowdy sometimes...other than that I like the treatment and will dabble at trying their offers from time to time.

My two cents - book way in advance if its a heavy duty treatment as I think they sometimes get busy and you can get disappointed.

Visited December 2013

“My most relaxing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The one place in nairobi that has the best pregnancy massage. I loved the service and the staff are absolutely extra nice even after the baby I go there often it's a slice of heaven and I recommend it to everyone. Keep up the good work

Visited June 2012
Bukavu, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4 attraction reviews
“Not really worth the money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Having lived in Asia for several years where $15 massages are standard, it does come as a shock to the system to be paying western prices in a developing country. However, as some friends recommended the place, I thought I would give it a go as it was conveniently located for where we were staying. Sadly, I was not expecting a below standard service.
The setting and ambiance of the place are actually very pleasant indeed and the staff are quite nice too. They will give you some fruit to eat after the massage and you can relax for a time as well.
On the negative side, if I am paying for a 90 minute massage, I expect a 90 minute massage, not 75 minutes. Granted, perhaps being short-changed over 15 minutes less for a $15 massage is no big deal but this costs almost $100 so please forgive me if I am being somewhat picky.
When paying the bill I mentioned this to the girl at the desk and she said she would "take it under consideration." What exactly does that mean??? To make matters even more interesting, the person who gave me the massage suddenly appeared only to argue with me that she did in fact give me a full 90 minutes. I told her that there was a clock on the wall and I did check it when the massage started and when she finished but she just stood there and denied it. No point causing a fuss so I just left and crossed that place of my list. I half expected a call from the owner as our number was listed but not a peep so either she never got to find out or customer retention is not that much of a big deal.

Visited December 2012
Norfolk
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Booked my appointment online... quick reply back. The traffic on the road near the spa is the only prob. The spa itself was great. I especially liked the quick feedback when I made my appointment. In and out feeling good. Recommend!

Visited November 2012
Nairobi
“fair”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The place is very beautiful but to be honest i did not like their service. i had to enquire if their culture is to hurriedly serve clients while at the spa! i didnt feel like i got any service at all.. a full body massage that only lasted 10mins! yet i was entiled to 1 hr 45 mins?

do something about the bugging mosquitos as well.

Visited October 2012
Wild_Earth_Day_Spa, Owner at Wild Earth Day Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I will enquire as to why you only received a 10min massage and issue will be addressed. This is not our practice. Currently we are situated in a deciduous location. With the abnormal unpredictable weather pattern during the change of season we have to adapt to the natural changes until we have some consistency. Mosquitoes are an abnormal client in the spa. We will take natural approaches to deter the mosquitoes as to not ruin the experience of our clients. I sincerely apologize for your experience. Thank you for you review.