“Good food and nice bar area” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good food and nice bar area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is an interesting place because they have a back room of sorts that has fine dining, but then the front part of the restaurant becomes a lively bar area on weekends. If you're there for dinner on a weekend try not to sit next to the door as the waiters only have one way in and out of the kitchen and the music blasts whenever the door opens.

Great food though and service is usually pretty good.

It's also a great place to grab drinks with friends.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
“what an experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is definitely the gem of Nairobi

I decided to meet with a friend here just to catch up. I had never been here previously and, it took me a long drive which was absolutely worthwhile.

At the Bistro and, as we waited for our table, I got a chance to study the decor. The restaurant had a simple yet elegant design. The brewery and wine collection in glass gives it a casual fusion feel. From where we were sitting, we had a clear view of the entire place. Waiters were pleasant and helpful, serving best-tasting food at a good value in a clean and comfortable setting

It is a well-run restaurant, with a nice menu selection. They brew their own beer here, but the cocktail selection is bigger

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Brilliant Jazz Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have visited Brew Bistro several times over the last two years but the visit on the April 25th was exceptional.My friends and I arrived right at 5pm when "Happy Hour" started and for the next two hours,we enjoyed ourselves.Not being a beer drinker,I enjoyed several glasses of "Mamba" drink while the rest enjoyed beer.During happy hour,you get a second free beer after you purchase the first one.Happy hour is great for beer drinkers since you get two for the price of one!By early evening,a jazz group played very good jazz music.I requested the group to play Hugh Masekela's "Grazing in the Grass" which they did very well.Brew Bistro is pricey but worthy of indulging in every now and then.Different nights have different genre of music/theme.I will return again soon.

Visited April 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“Chhers to the freaking weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Whenever I am in the mood for good music and excellent crowd this is the place I always find myself going to.

Visited January 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Start at the restaurant, end on the dance floor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had an amazing meal in the fine dining room (try the risotto and don't forget to make a reservation!) and then went to the bar. Great drinks, fun and really upbeat vibe. You can hang out by the bar and try a variety of cocktails and beers and then make your way to the dance floor for a fantastic night! I don't know what's in the water here, but my girlfriends and I saw some of the most attractive people ever in the place. Eye candy is always fun. :)

• Visited July 2012