“Terrible Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Angaza Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Angaza Guest House
Nairobi Upper Hill area - Ralphe Banche Rd opp General Accident, Nairobi 45557-00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #106 of 146 Nairobi B&B and Inns
UK
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked this Guest House for 2 Adults and 1 Kid for 2 nights (a week apart) about 6 months in Advance. They confirmed Availability, Rates in Kenyan Shillings and the details of the Room and the Beds.
Then, about 1 month before our departure, I contacted them to find out the Euro equivalent. No replies to my numerous emails. Then it appears that due to Viruses and Trojans in their Website and Mail, the mails are hit and miss.
Finally, about 10 days before our departure, they sent an email asking me to confirm if our Trip is still on schedule. I confirmed the Dates including the Arrival Times and they acknowledged. We also informed that we would quickly check in and rush out for the Elephant Orphanage.
On arriving in the morning, they shocked us by saying that they only have a 1 Bed Room for us ! However, for the Return Trip (after the safari), they have the Room as Promised !
Then, they took us to an adjacent Guest House and we hurriedly unloaded all of our luggage as we were rushing for the Orphanage. But then they started demanding almost twice the Money.
On seeing this, our Taxi Driver (we are thoroughly impressed by their service, message me for details if you are interested) suggested that they don’t look trustworthy and that we should load all the luggage back in his Taxi and leave the place.
Well, we did that and went straight to the Orphanage (slightly late) and found some other Guest House in the Evening, although a bit costlier.
I still don’t understand why did they give our booked Room to someone else – probably they charged more money from someone desperate, but this is totally unprofessional and unethical. At least they should have mentioned this to us in advance and we could have avoided losing our precious time in the morning.
So, judge for yourself.

Room Tip: Rooms are not guaranteed even after confirmation !
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was in Angaza for 3 weeks and I must say that it turned out to be more than I expected. Considering the size of this guest house and the number of rooms available, the first impression would be, "a below average service". But it turned out to be the best experience, surprisingly!!! The rooms are not expensive but be prepared for the best from this guest house. They have a reliable wifi with very fast speed too!!! Visitors to Nairobi should try Angaza out. And did I say the staff are accommodating and make the place a home away from home?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I spent six weeks at Angaza and it quickly felt like a second home. The staff were accommodating and friendly and the rooms I stayed in were quite comfortable and clean. I would go back, and I would recommend it as well.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I am a perfectionist and very picky person my MOM can confess to that therefore I really don't like guest houses that much.but ANGAZA has changed that mind set the comfort that one gets at Angaza is 5 star(I am not over rating here by the way). the comfort for me just came the way I like it I have lived here and will leave a peace of me behind this is the place to Be I pray that i come back soon the staff are now like family the guests get equal love undivided attention and pure care all day, you can kick back and relax and have peace of mind assured of security of self and property, what more can you ask for really. don't hesitate to check in at angaza guest house Upper Hill Nairobi...one more thing, the entertainment will keep you refreshed (DSTV) and the staff have a good sense of humor.
God bless you Florence Aganda & Mercylene Kemunto, you guys are really a bomb. It's A MUST CHECK IN!

Room Tip: the room next to the entrance on your right is the best!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Angaza Guest House? Share your experiences!