“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #275 of 341 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Poor service, watered down drinks and an owner that does not understand basic customer service.
After recently moving to the area we found this to be our nearest bar/restaurant. This was our first and will be our last visit. Such a shame to find somewhere so close by only to be made to feel like we were imposing by being there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

nairobi
“Great place but needs some work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012 via mobile

I did not think I would ever step in this place and going there was just by chance.
I am glad I did though.
The place was deserted especially for the first day of the year.
I like the seating area outside the restaurant thought the seats can be a tad low for dining.
The food was a bit salty and hurriedly prepared with little detail to presentation of the meal.
I had a fillet steak with mushroom sauce.the sauce was just a sauce prepared from a packet and some mushrooms diced and dipped in it-know they can do much better than this. The mashed potatoes were made well though.
The wait staff, a lovely lady though eager to please did not take orders correctly and had to be reminded of drinks ordered, mind you we were only 5 of us.
The wine bar area and larger bar area looked nice but as there was no one else there, made me wonder if they were still open for business.

Very nice looking place with lots of potential, but need some work

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“The relaxing ambience in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I encourage everyone should experience vineyard. The food is to die for, service is good and you can have a relaxed day/evening with either soothing music or the disco.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Amazing Ambiance and even better food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I've been going to Vineyard for the last few months at least once a week and the food never, I mean, NEVER disappoints. I was worried the outside seating might get too cold during july/aug but they bring you little fire things that just add to the beautiful atmosphere. The wine bar is a cool place for a quick bite, but if you have some time to savor your dinner, I prefer eating in the main dining area under the tarps. The Tiramisu is to die for and most friends I've taken there claim it is the best in town. I don't know much about the disco bar but I've seen it hopping some nights from the outside - I'm just a foodie. Service in the restaurant is fine, not sure what the previous reviewer is talking about - maybe he/she got them on an off night.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Worst service ever!!! And i mean ever !!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

It takes close to an hour to get a beer (Something you just open the fridge door and send to the table !!) I shudder to think what would happen if one ordered a cocktail!

After you wait the hour or so, the waiter returns and demands money before the drink is released by the head bar man. Now in which universe does that happen ???? This is westlands for crying out loud !!!! Please note this is like 7pm, so its not like people are even drunk enough to forget the bills !

Meanwhile they have 5 waiters hovering around the bar area doing exactly nothing !

The wines are exorbitantly priced and the quantity is wanting (When we questioned this, the nice waiter says they use a champagne glass to measure, and in my head am like, there is a reason why THAT is a champagne glass !!! A glass of wine will set you back some Kes 700 - 1000 by the way !

3 People from our party left when they could not get a beer. The rest of use gave the chaps a piece of our mind and the nice Lady who was handling the PR tried to salvage the situation but none of us was having it.

FYI: The Manager found us ranting and raving, and did not a even offer an apology / explanation. She just stood there and gave us a blank look ! The PR lady even followed us to the car park, still apologizing and trying to get us to give them another chance. You would have been forgiven for thinking she was the owner! Their problem clearly sits at the top of their little hierarchy !

I do not understand how you would invest millions of your shillings in a well done establishment such as this one then proceed to neglect service !!!

Ambiance is spectacular, and the music was great, and that's just about it !!!!

• Visited August 2011