“good quality Hotel just the bad location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nomad Palace Hotel Nairobi

Nomad Palace Hotel Nairobi
You added Nomad Palace Hotel Nairobi to your Saves list
Nomad Palace Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   General Wairungi Street | Pumwani district, Nairobi, Kenya   |
Ranked #65 of 133 Hotels in Nairobi
London, United Kingdom
“good quality Hotel just the bad location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We spend 1 night in this hotel. the location is bad. don't drive to the place arrange a driver or a taxi to drop you to the hotel. Don't think of going out of the hotel. the location is not good. rest the inside of the hotel is very good. rooms are spacious , the breakfast was excellent, staff was very friendly and helpful. Our intention was only to spend the night so it was best for us. book it through booking.com. the hotel is outside the city centre.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I tried to book a night's stay with this hotel for September 2013 - I made the booking directly on the hotel website about 2 months before. When you book directly with the website, it requires you to pay immediately. When I made the booking, I received no confirmation or evidence that they had received my booking or my PAYMENT at all. I tried writing an email to the hotel, but received NO response for 2 weeks. As a result, I tried to cancel my booking.

When I tried to cancel my booking, I finally received a response from the hotel telling me that they did have my booking & saying that if I wanted to cancel, I should do so from the website directly. However, there is absolutely no where on the website that allows you to cancel bookings. After a few back and forth e-mails trying to explain that there is no way to cancel on their website, they said they would refund my payment but had to charge me 10% for cancellation EVEN THOUGH there was no where on their website or during the booking process explaining that there would be a cancellation fee of 10%!!! I asked them about this, and received absolutely no response. To this day (today being the 21 October 2013), I have received no refund of my payment AT ALL let alone only a 10% charge. They kept my entire payment.

A word of warning to everyone thinking of booking here - don't! These people stole my money!!! If you must book with them, I highly recommend doing it through an external agent and not with the hotel directly as they are not trustworthy. I tried dealing with this issue through my credit card company & through Pay Pal, but neither of them were able to deal with it. Please please do not book here - they are scammers!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

hotel is nice. neat and comfortable. cant compare to other hotel with the same price. i enjoy my stay there. there staff.. (Anne, Janet and others ) the always smile nd friendly... i recommend the hotel. if u r look for 3 star hotel like other europe, usa uk 3 star hotel go Nomad Palace Hotel... it really nice hotel... Morufu Opayele...

• Stayed September 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you concerned about safety, then I will recommend you stay away from this location. There are other budget hotels in better locations in Nairobl. I booked a room here because I had stayed in a similar hotel in Libreville but was totally surprised about the location that I turned right around and went to look for another hotel. I'm sure the beds will be nice and the rooms comfy but my safety is more important.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

smiley staff, tasty foods ,breakfast variation ,comfortable , excellent clean room service, excellent price,
The Hotel is in a bad area (but the security is good)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Hotel is in a bad area (but the security is good), about 18km from the Airport and there is a lot of roadworks on the way....BUT... the staff was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! What great attitudes, what great service, what great smiles form all of them. Other Hotels can learn from these guys what 'going the extra mile' means. It can be summed up in the F&B/restaurant manager's words: if I treat you well, you will come back with 4 more. Yes, it is noisy outside, but the rooms are very big and spotlessly clean. The bed is so wide you get lost in it. The WiFi is super fast, the food is good, check-in painless and the shuttle taxi driver an absolute joy. Absolutely great value for money.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the Hotel, off the road. It is quieter :-)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Ok, so firstly if you are looking for luxury then click on this place isn't for you. On the plus side it cost me £82 for two nights for two people, with a $USD 20.00 dollar pick up. Its in a noisy neighbourhood, which is frankly a bit slum like, although its safe enough with large iron bars on the outside, the noise is just normal street life and not bars and drunks.
If you need a place to get your head down for the couple of nights, this isn't a bad stop, its functional, clean, staff are efficient and friendly, and decent facilities including WiFi. Breakfast was decent both mornings I was there. It definitely caters to the Somali business man, but I preferred it.

Bawler on a Budget