Master Bedroom with Poster Bed

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

adlibbing...
Cumming, Georgia
“Good location + great value = awesome stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

I travel to Kenya every year with a small team to work at an orphanage. The place I usually stay at raised the prices and wouldn't negotiate a lower cost, so I had to find another place. After searching online, I found this amazing deal that sounded too good to be true. It turns out that it was more than I could have hoped! The apartment owner, Oscar, knew we had a late flight arrival and had some groceries for breakfast the next morning waiting for us in the kitchen! Oscar gave us a parting gift before we left which blessed us more than we ever could have blessed him. We had many morning departures and late night arrivals from the apartment, and the neighbors and staff were very understanding. I will definitely try to rent here again! Thank you Oscar!

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property 4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses
4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Proximity to mall for supplies, and location.
Liked least: Many stairs to apartment. I think I counted 70 steps.
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
GlenLivet
Wisconsin
“Very nice apartment, great location, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

We rented this apartment for a month during February/March, 2013. We used it as a base for journeys in Kenya and East Africa. We had 4 people staying in the apartment. We were very satisfied. The apartment met all of our needs. The layout of the place was as indicated in the promotional materials. The bedrooms (4) were comfortable, the bathrooms functional, the kitchen was very functional, and the living and dinette areas were more then adequate. The best feature of the apartment is a nice outdoor patio. We often sat out there in the cool evening breeze. The wireless internet work very well and was pretty fast. There is also a large television with local and satellite channels available. A person came each week to clean, empty the garbage, and clean the towels and sheets. She a very pleasant.

The Apartment is located off Riara Road in a gated complex (Riara Downs) with a security guard. The best aspect of the location is that the Junction Mall is located just across the Riara Road. The mall has many stores including a Nakumatt, a large grocery store. There are also several ATMs at the mall as well as a currency exchange office. The Dagoretti Corner bus and matatu stage area is next to the mall. This made getting on a bus to downtown Nairobi or Karen quite convenient.

The only caveat I would offer is that the apartment is located on the top floor of the apartment building and the walk up the 4 flights of stairs a couple of times a day got tedious. In addition, the walk from the apartment to the entrance gate is up a long uphill grade. If you have mobility issues, this may be a real problem.

Other then that, I cannot think of a better location for exploring Nairobi and East Africa. The owner, Oscar, was very attentive and kept in touch throughout our stay. We arrived late at night the first day and he was there to meet us and explain all of the features of the apartment. We could always call Oscar if we had a question or problem. If I would come back to Nairobi, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location to Junction Mall, outdoor patio
Liked least: Climb up four flights of stairs
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CaliGirl
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Rachel Griffith
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
$99
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by owner
How to book this rental
Submit an inquiry to the owner using the above make inquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Peace of Mind Protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 97 days ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing