“Excellent all round mid-range hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boma Inn Nairobi

You added Boma Inn Nairobi to your Saves list
Boma Inn Nairobi
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bellevue, off Mombasa Road, Red Cross Road | P.O Box: 26601 - 00100, Nairobi, Kenya (Formerly Red Court Hotel)   |
Ranked #32 of 125 Hotels in Nairobi
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round mid-range hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is in a secure location, as part of the Red Cross complex.
The garden is delightful with added bonus of power points near the tables.
The food is excellent - fantastic chips!
The rooms are small-ish but comfortable, well-styled and very quiet.
I have stayed in many hotels in Nairobi, but this is perfect for business trips.
Also, it is reasonably close to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same.
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2015

1. It's all integrated ! I mean you drop a mail or say something to the someone ( say the reception) and the message is passed to all concerned and followed up to its completion religiously. The Hotel Boma Inn ( earlier Red Court) does some unique follow ups. I cannot say less of the staff, it is as if they all you have to do is ask and they are there only to serve you.

2. Has a good buffet breakfast. not going into the details. but its very good.

3. Location wise its near to the airport, so a very plus point and away from the humdrum of the city, if you like it that way. Note, the traffic from the airport to the city can be killing.

3. There is a Nakumut ( A huge supermarket) not 1 kms away from it, so it offers you enough options with regards to day to day requirements. However, you will not get a phone top up card here. That you can get at the petrol pump near Belle View. All these three places appear in the Google Map, so have a quick look. the hotel will appear as "The Boma Nairobi, Bellevue, Off Mombasa Road, Red Cross Road, Nairobi City" in the Google search field. Also, the nearest ATM counter that works is again at the Belle View Petrol Station. There is one inside the hotel but it does not work.

4. Security - It is secured. Entry gate remains closed and is manned 24 hours. So safety wise no concern.

5. People - Right from the receptionist, to the staff at the restaurant, at the concierge, the drives, the gateman they are very polite and efficient. Whatever I said something or required of, it was done and in a manner which showed that they were really happy to serve.

6. Clean - The hotel is super clean.. Note the rooms are smaller though and may not provide you what you call an ample walking space, but given the other facilities I will say its a point that I will overlook.

7. Quick Transport - If you are game for the matatus, you get them from the Popo Road which is barely 500mtrs from the hotel.

8. Open Space - Just before you enter the main building, there is a small garden with sitting arrangement and huge umbrellas. It is a nice place where one can spend good time in the evening. While I was there, it was raining cats and dogs every single night and sitting in that green area was one of the best ways to pass time. They have a open bar and they also serve the drinks in this area.

9. Wifi - Worked fine, Bittorent was blocked !!

10. Food - breakfast buffet was excellent. I did not try lunch or dinner though as I used to eat out. One small point - if you are in the habit of having tea in the room with milk, make sure you carry your own milk powder. They provide a "creamer" in the room which actually does not have any milk content instead the label says soy oil as one of the contents.

Any doubts ?? Please ask. would be happy to reply. Thanks..

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015

We stayed overnight on arrival at Nairobi and on departure. We were made to feel welcome and the staff remembered us. The rooms were clean and had a bath..a luxury after travelling.
The breakfast was very good with much choice, the dinner likewise and I even received a cake on my birthday !!
There are small gardens where you can sit for a drink too.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Kigali Province, Rwanda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015

I had the opportunity to stay shortly at the Boma Inn due to a once more delayed flight of Kenya airways. I was at first a bit skeptical since on my previous canceled flight the hotel quality wasn't great.
The service from the very staff was discreet and efficient while being cordial.The room sleep quality is worth recommending (comfy bed, almost sound proof rooms),the room has all the toiletries required for a business traveler .
I preferred to sleep than to have lunch but from how the breakfast service was fresh and well arranged..
My only recommendation would be for the internet speed to be increased although currently acceptable .
I would highly recommend this hotel for any stay in Nairobi not far from the Airport.

Room Tip: Take room from the second floor upward
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

I use this hotel quit often every time I travel to Nairobi. I have enjoyed the friendly staff to the extend of being known by name.. One outstanding thing that I appraise this hotel for is the care and attention I was given when I fell sick during my stay there, I was really treated and considered as a sick person, however I would recommend the hotel to improve on the first aide service.
Also in the rooms, wifi is not sufficient

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Caledon, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2015

We stayed at this hotel for one night, on our way north, and again for a night, 2 nights later, before leaving Nairobi. The rooms are neat, but small. The shower leaked past the shower curtain (why in this era do you still use shower curtains?), with the whole bathroom flooded. The toilet seat was broken off.

During the second night there was a continuous noice coming from what we believed was the kitchen. Things were dropped on the ground and this made for a bad nights sleeping.

The food was below standard. The steak was thin, tough and tasteless. On the second night we tried the hamburgers, which was even worst. Some of our friends finished their meals long before the others were served.

This hotel is not recommended.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Turi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have been coming back again and again to the Red Court -now called the Boma Inn. There are 2 main reasons: the proximity to the airport and the staff. Service at this hotel is second to none. Angelina, the guests relations manager, is just outstanding. She would give you a call before your arrival, arrange for everything to be sorted in the rooms -we always book interconnected rooms for our family. She even called us the day after we left to check that we had arrived safely home! In the room, you will have a very comfortable bed, free wifi, your complimentary fruits and water, toiletries and a welcome back letter if you are a returning costumer. Staff will recognise you and it is a nice touch after the long flight home. By the way, when you stay there, some of your money goes to the Red Cross. There might be more luxurious hotels near the airport (check The Boma -their sister hotel), but I am not sure the service could be matched. We'll definitely go back when we fly from JKIA.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Boma Inn Nairobi? Share your experiences!