“My stay at The 140” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 158 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“My stay at The 140”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at The 140. It is a serene homely environment. Charles and Ruth are nice people - they are really caring people. I go to UNEP Gigiri often on business and my intention is to stay at The 140 as long as there are rooms available. It is not far from UNEP Gigiri - the centre of my activities when I am in Kenya.

I have recommended it to colleagues at the Technical Univerisity of Denmark who also go to UNEP on business.

I thank the taxi man - Titus - who introduced me to the The 140.

Room Tip: I Higher floors have less A/C unit noise with reasonable internet connections.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
The140, Owner at The 140, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
We very much appreciate our guest's response and for creating the time to provide valuable feedback. And we really do look forward to hosting him and his colleagues in future. We strive to provide a homely atmosphere and it very satisfying to receive constructive feedback from departing guests.

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I strongly recommend staying at The 140. The place is very nice. The employes are very trustworthy and they are always prepared to serve you. It is a calm and confortable place. The food is also excellent. The directors are kind people.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are excellent places to stay.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
The140, Owner at The 140, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you very much for your review comments. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and truly felt a member of the family whilst staying with us.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We very much enjoyed our time at the 140. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They always went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcomed. This was truly our home away from home. The meals were very tasty and prepared with much thought and effort. There was always more than enough to eat. Kudoos to the chef who takes great pride in his work. The rooms were spacious and cosy. The reliable internet was really appreciated. The 140 is located in the beautiful Runda neighbourhood. Security is available 24/7. The property is very lush with gardens and greenary. Breakfast in the garden or dinner on the roof top patio only enhanced the ambiance. Our team of six was doing some volunteer work for 9 days at the Eastleigh Community Centre located in the Eastleigh ghetto, so the 140 provided a wonderful respite from our daily activities. You can't go wrong staying at the 140 during your time in Nairobi.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
The140, Owner at The 140, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
We very much appreciate these review comments. We strive to provide the best of comfort for our guests and are gratified that your team had a wonderful time. And we thank you very much for choosing to stay at our facility.

Been to The 140? Share your experiences!