“Taking photo's” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Half-Day Walking Tour: Nairobi Experience

Half-Day Walking Tour: Nairobi Experience
Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 103 activities in Nairobi
Denmark, South Carolina
“Taking photo's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Is it safe to take photo's within the city center of Nairobi?
i need to hear advice from travelers please

Visited August 2013

Sydney, Australia
13 attraction reviews
“Really pleasant way to feel the city with a friendly local”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I found this to be great way to get both an orientation and a feel for Nairobi. I stayed in Nairobi for about four weeks to spend time with some ex-pat friends living there and to use the city as a launching pad for safaris. But I was also keen to get a taste of the life in such a big, diverse and unique city.

This tour was really useful in providing a snapshot of life Nairobi and gave me an opportunity to ask a local some questions about the city and the things I saw. It was only me and the guide on the tour which was really nice and allowed us to tailor things based on what we encountered as we walked. I booked through Intrepid Tours based in Australia but given it was just a voucher system I'm confident that you could find different booking agents for the same service.

The walking wasn't difficult and was basically flat the whole way. We wandered through lush gardens, around parliamentary buildings, ducked inside the National Archives and just took in the bustling city blocks. A highlight was climbing up to the top of the Kenyatta International Conference Centre and walking out on to the rooftop helipad which provided a fantastic view! We also visited the very somber American Embassy Memorial Garden which was quite intense.

The guide was really friendly, easy to chat with and could answer all my odd little questions about life in the city. We ended up eating lunch a fun little restaurant with other locals having their lunch on work break.

It was well worth the value and really instilled a fondness of Nairobi in me.

Visited January 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“enjoyable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Nairobi is the capital city of Kenya, it is a busy city, it is enjoyable and encouraging to tour,there are beautiful building, national park, gardens and statues allover.it is a tour that one can not forget.

Visited October 2012