“A "must visit" in Nairobi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nairobi National Park, Karen Blixen Museum and Giraffe Center

Nairobi National Park, Karen Blixen Museum and Giraffe Center
Mageso Chember, Nairobi 00200, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 43 attractions in Nairobi
Type: National Parks
Attraction Details
Stavanger, Norway
“A "must visit" in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

It is always nice to visit Karen Blixe Museum. The sorrunding grounds are nice with flowers and blooming bushes. The guide we had was good and this is a big part of the forming of Kenya and an interesting periode of Kenyan history. Karen Blixen was a great woman!

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
9 attraction reviews
“Perfect Day Safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The proximity to the capital makes the Nairobi National Park a perfect site for a day safari. We have been twice. We hire a taxi in Nairobi for about $60 (USD). The park fees are a little steep. We always start early and get back to town around noon. We packed a snack for the trip. We saw lions, giraffes, gazelles, rhinos, seas of zebras, and many, many more species in the wild in just a few hours.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“The National Park was one of the best experiences of my life!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I can't rave highly enough about the Nairobi National Park. I had high hopes and it didn't disappoint for a second.
We booked the trip through Intrepid who we found online. We only booked a day before arrival and no websites were taking online bookings but we called up and it was quick and easy to get it all confirmed and to organise a pick up for the next morning.
Our driver Michael was lovely. He was so happy and enthusiastic and had great knowledge of the city and all of the animals - exactly what you would want for a guide.
The park was out of this world, I never realised that all of these wild animals would live so close to the city. We were really lucky, we saw lions, zebra, buffalo, crocodiles, hippos, giraffes and loads more animals.
We went for lunch and then off to the giraffe centre, which was fun but you can't spend much time there and then to Karen Blixen's House - to be honest I hadn't seen the film or read the book, the house was lovely and the guide was very enthusiastic which brought it to life for us.

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Nice nature park with small number of wild life.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

the park is close to city and easy to reach but is small and have mainle Zebras, Anteloes and Girrafs.
My suggestion: avoid the visit in Nairobi national park.

Visited October 2013
NH
4 attraction reviews
“National Park is a must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I signed up for this tour through Viator, but since I was the only one on the trip, I asked to just see the Park and the Giraffe Center. The Giraffe Center is really not worth the time but the National Park was AMAZING!! I saw SO many animals and birds and monkeys that I almost felt like I was on Safari! There were herds of zebras, tons of giraffe, rhinos, ostriches, lions, antelope, impala, buffalo, warthogs, etc. Great place to spend a day - highly recommend!!

Visited September 2013

Travelers who viewed Nairobi National Park, Karen Blixen Museum and Giraffe Center also viewed

Been to Nairobi National Park, Karen Blixen Museum and Giraffe Center? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Nairobi National Park, Karen Blixen Museum and Giraffe Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later
Save Saved
You added Nairobi National Park, Karen Blixen Museum and Giraffe Center to your Saves list