“Eldon villas, friendly but its just worth staying here for a shorter period” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eldon Villas Limited

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Eldon Villas Limited
Save Saved
You added Eldon Villas Limited to your Saves list
P.O Box 10870, Nairobi 00400, Kenya   |
Ranked #40 of 96 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Eldon villas, friendly but its just worth staying here for a shorter period”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed in Eldon Villas for 6 nights in august 2013. The place i well situated close to Nakumatt, Junction which means you can reach a lot of restaurant with a short walk (just do that during day, no nightwalks are recommended).
The place looks nicer at the website than in the reality but still, its ok. We had a one bedroom apartment but that also include a small guestroom which was a nice suprice. The housegirls clean the apartments every day and thet are also doing the dishes. Washing clothes and ironing are not included. You cant get anything to eat at this hotel but you can use homedelivery from many places.
The road outside is a bit busy, sometimes too loud.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nairobi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for almost 6 weeks and from the get go we were disappointed. The first apartment we stayed in looked lovely, that was until we settled in. The safe didn't work, the kitchen was NOT fully stocked (as advertised on the website), the faucet in the bathroom did not work, the internet was embarrassingly slow (for this day and age, even in Kenya!), the television stations were choppy (even dstv) and the electric kettle I'm the kitchen leaked (massive health and safety hazard)!
I also enjoy cooking and when I realized that the 2 bedroom apartments had ovens (the one bedroom apartments do not) we promptly asked to get moved to a 2 bedroom apartment with the hopes that we would get luckier the second time round, but no such luck. The safe in apartment 2 did not work either and neither did any of the outlets in the kitchen, dining room, or bedrooms. The outlets were fixed promptly but nothing was done about the safe. In our fourth week staying at Eldon Villas the glass light shade in the bathroom fell from the ceiling and onto my boyfriend's shoulder (lucky it didn't hit his head). This was also around the time we realized someone meddled with the front door because it didn't latch anymore, therefore the door had to be locked or it would slide open. We would have left in the first week but we didn't want to lose our deposit.
The only thing this establishment has going for it is its location.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Right along Ngong rd with Junction mall less than ten minutes walk away, Brew lounge bar is next door. You don't need to go to city center, you got it all here. Can also take public buses right at the gate. Clean rooms, friendly staff but their prices are becoming uncompetitive. With places like Meltonia offering more fancy rooms for a fraction of the price both along Ngong rd? I don't think I would stay here again unless they competitively price them. Beatrice at front desk is an awesome lady.

• Stayed December 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were accommodated at Eldon Villas for a conference held next door at Piedmont Plaza. I was in B3, a standard 2 bed apartment.

The accommodation is basic and decoration is OK, comments about the showers being in close proximity to the toilet are correct, but there is a shower curtain, and a sill in the shower. I never had the problems people were mentioning if I pulled the shower curtain when showering!

Towels were only changed every 2-3 days, but if I asked our room steward he changed them for me.

The TV is pretty basic, but every apartment has its own WiFi access point - if yours doesn't work try the good old 'switch it off and on again' trick.

The apartments are just a 5 minute walk from Nakumat Junction and I felt pretty safe walking there by myself during the day - a bit dusty but it was fine. The security is good, and the staff were friendly and accommodating.

Unfortunately I got stuck in Nairobi as I was due to fly out when the airport caught fire, and they were kind enough to allow me to extend my stay for three days until I was able to fly home.

There is also a swimming pool which looked very nice, but it was too cold for me to be swimming (in August!) and it was raining quite a bit!

The price was pretty good compared to accommodating two of us in a hotel in central Nairobi, and to be honest we didn't have any complaints about the apartment. The kitchen facilities are basic but serviceable, we got things like loo paper and washing up liquid from Nakumat - if you just need a base in Nairobi which doesn't cost the earth, is safe and has good internet connectivity this will do.

Our room steward was really outstanding, very friendly (as were all the staff) and helpful - lots of local knowledge as well. The hotel has a single taxi but they can call taxis from Nakumat.

Room Tip: Ask for accommodation towards the back, away from Ngong road - I'd imagine those rooms get quite...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was in ELDON VILLAS for 3 months and i know very well what all guest will meet there. First big problem is that in all bathrooms never will be possible make one shower with one good temperature of water....or super cold or super hot....... The kitchen is very unconfortable for prepare food and the quality of cabinet is very cheap.....Every days many bulbs are burned and if you ask to replace is very hard that them will make in short time.Whats is very bad is that the right of guest dont is important like the right of them.....You pay for all services but you dont will receive all services that them promised to you.......Is one big stress every day and need to have big patience for stay there..........

Room Tip: better choise other place
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here from May 26th to June 14th of 2013. I will start by saying that finding apartments in Nairobi is quite difficult. Not sure if there's a shortage of serviced apartments available or what the issue is exactly, but after a long and ardous search, we decided to settle for Eldon.

Initially, after lots of email communications, they told me no two bedrooms were available (only the penthouse was available, which was on the 6th floor with no elevator access). After I told them I couldn't do the penthouse, a two bedroom "miraculously" became available and I decided to take it for the same price that they used for a one bedroom ($100 dollars a night).

For $100 dollars per night, they were several things they could do better and I'll list them here:

1) Bathrooms are non-functional (small, toilet is too close to the shower & the water spills all over the floor and onto the toilet seat when you turn on the shower. Plus, the toilet seat cover kept falling over when I tried to put it up; wouldn't stay up) - I doubt they used an architect or interior designer when building the apartment , which is very common in Kenya in an effort to save costs, but it leads to these sloppy issues like poor workmanship and finishings.

2) Window frames look old and the windows don't close shut completely (a problem if you're staying there during mosquito season)

3) Filthy furniture (made the mistake of lifting up one of the chairs and couldn't believe it (they need to shampoo the chairs of just throw out the old one's and replace them with cleaner, newer ones, really)

4) No cable television (for $100 dollars a night they should provide that)

5) They only provide toilet paper for your first night after that, you need to supply your own toilet paper, soap, etc

6) No washing machines or dryers if you want to do your own laundry (the workers there will have to do your laundry by hand and the laundry are was right outside my room so every morning at 6 am I'd hear them when they were back there doing their laundry and I'd inevitably be woken up)

7) Towels are sporadically provided and they were dingy (I"d bring my own if I were you)

The good?

1) The internet is fast and reliable

2) They have a generator so the frequent Nairobi power black outs won't be felt

3) Water must be from a borehole (although I still wouldn't drink from the tap, but at least you'll be able to wake up and take a shower every morning..although when I turned on the sink in the kitchen, a funny, sewage smell would emerge. Don't know what that was about)

4) Location - It's close to the Junction mall (a 5 minute walk) where you can find cafe's, restaurants, supermarkets, etc) and since Ngong road is a very busy place, it's safe to walk to the junction even at 9pm)

Conclusion? International standards are tough to find in Nairobi it seems; Would I stay here again? No, but to find a decent place in Nairobi start looking long before you plan to get there and if possible, get a hotel room for a few days and go and physically check out these places before you sign up for them. That will give you a much more realistic picture of what to expect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Eldon Villas is situated on the busy Ngong road next to junction shopping mall,a 2 minute walk,here you can get everything you need for your stay from Nakumatt Junction,plenty of cash machines,(use the mpesa machine as it doesn't keep your card),bars/restaurants/cinema/play area for the kids/beauty salons/chemists and the shoeshine man who will repair your shoes too !
Lots of taxis and buses/matatus leave from junction so transport should not be a problem.There is also a taxi service at Eldon Villas but we never used it so I cannot comment on cost.We took a 2 bedroom deluxe apartment overlooking the entrance.These apartments are very spacious with a living area and kitchen area combined plus balcony space and a rear balcony area for washing and bins.Both bedrooms,which are large, have their own big en-suite batrooms with bath/shower and toilet. Internet is available if a little slow. Our housekeeper was Joyce Njeri and I cannot praise her enough for the way she looked after us, she was a very kind and funny person who cleared up after us and kept the apartment clean and tidy,she insisted I stop washing up as I was on holiday ! A pool is available but it is quite cold,once your body adjusts its not too bad. Shareen and Beatrice,in the office, will look after you very well,if you require anything,say some specific kitchen utensil not in the flat a call would bring it to you quickly. Similarly any minor problem was addressed quickly.Security was also good,after 7pm a guard would take you to the shopping mall if you asked and some of our guests were not allowed in until they had confirmed it with us. The only downside is the road is forever noisy,it didn't bother us since its all part of Nairobis vibrancy but if you want peace and quiet don't go to Nairobi !!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Eldon Villas Limited? Share your experiences!