WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa
Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 347 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: TASTE PRESTIGE AWARD 2011 - BEST NEW COMER OF THE YEARA UNIQUE WINE BAR CONCEPT COMPROMISING OF A WINE SHOP, A TASTING ROOM AS WELL AS A WINE BAR AND LOUNGE OFFERING OVER 300 REFERENCES WINES FROM AROUND THE WORLD STARTING FROM JUST KSH 800 ($10), OVER 30 MALT WHISKIES AND MANY OTHER INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS.BITINGS AND DELICATESSEN TO COMPLEMENT YOUR DRINKS AND OVER 80 WINES AND CHAMPAGNES BY THE GLASS STARTING FROM JUST KSH 350 ($4). WIZARDS, THE TASTING ROOM ACCOMMODATES COMFORTABLY UP TO 16 PEOPLE FOR PRIVATE EVENTS OR CONFERENCE
“Wine Tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

As well As For a public wine tasting or for a private wine tasting birthday , everything is perfect ! Zero mistake. Food and wine are combinated with a touch of perfection. They take consideration on what you desire ! you could not be disappointed ! Trust in me because I am extremely demanding...

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
“Tasteless salad but good wine !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I ordered an chicken Caesar salad , it came with balsamic dressing which is unusual , and it was so salty I could not eat it . They blamed the dressing , but the lettuce, chicken and everything in it was salty . I asked for it to be taken back , the staff advised me to take a different salad with beef instead . The second salad was tasteless without cheese and without croutons . I'm walking out of here so disappointed , but I enjoyed my wine and the staff was friendly . Finally I wonder , is it the chef or the salad . I will not be ordering good from here again .

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
WWWShopandBar, Manager at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Keeks123,

First of all, I would like to thank you fro visiting WWW Shop and Bar and for posting a review on your experience.
I have read your review and was certainly concerned about the experience you had at WWW Shop and Bar. I have personally discussed this with our chef and have reviewed the training for our kitchen staff as the mistakes you experience on that day certainly do not reflect the high quality of service and food we strive to achieve.

i will contact you to discuss this further and make it up to you.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for thee serious lack of standards in our food delivery.

Kind Regards
Lorna Kiema
Manager WWW Shop and Bar.
Nairobi, Kenya
“this is a joke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have been there on a Sunday afternoon, they did not have half of the wines on their card (Valpolicella, no Bordeaux at all, no Argentinian malbec). The chablis my girlfriend ordered was very basic and over priced. The red one I received was terribly cold, I ended up ordering their Chianti, they don`t even have a real Chianti Classico, it was average. The service was really bad our waitress did not seem to care too much about the fact that red wine should not have been served cold and blamed the outside temperature for it (?!). Avoid this place unless you see a bottle you want and run away fast.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Tina,

First of all, I would like to thank you for posting a review on your visit to WWW Shop and Bar as well as offer you my sincerest apologies for not being able to meet your expectation on that visit and for the late reply to your review.

December month is a busy month and I must admit that at times, we were not able to restock as quickly as we would have liked. We are currently reviewing our wine list in order to ensure that Out of Stock wines are either removed or clearly marked.

Concerning the Chablis Victor Berard, this is a excellent entry level Chablis from a reliable supplier, though due to the local taxes, it is certainly more expensive than in Europe.

Concerning the temperature of our red wines, these are stored between 16 and 18oC so that once served the wine will reach the optimum red wine temperature of service which should be 18 to 20oC. Our waitress should have been able to explain this to you and should have been able to also offer you a bottle at "room temperature" should the wine had been too cold for your taste.

i will contcat you personally to make it up to you and your friend.

Once again, I would like to apologies for your experience at WWW Shop and Bar thank you for giving your constructive criticism.

Looking forward to meet you soon.

Best regards

Lorna Kiema
Manager
Nairobi Region, Kenya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing wine classes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The wine classes byJuan Cambil have been a wonderful experience. I have been able to learn more about wine and got good advice on what wines to buy and pair with some of my favourite foods.l hope more people get to try it. The staff are excellent and extremely pleasant. Roselyn Anyango

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just finished the wine course by sommelier Juan Cambil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent experience benefiting from the knowledge and enthusiasm of a real connaisseur. Greatly enjoyed learning more about WWW's fantastic wines. I can't wait for another series of lessons!

• Visited October 2013