WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 10 Bars & Pubs in Nairobi
Cuisines: Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Seating
Description: TASTE PRESTIGE AWARD 2011 - BEST NEW COMER OF THE YEARA UNIQUE WINE BAR CONCEPT COMPROMISING OF A WINE SHOP, A TASTING ROOM AS WELL AS A WINE BAR AND LOUNGE OFFERING OVER 300 REFERENCES WINES FROM AROUND THE WORLD STARTING FROM JUST KSH 800 ($10), OVER 30 MALT WHISKIES AND MANY OTHER INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS.BITINGS AND DELICATESSEN TO COMPLEMENT YOUR DRINKS AND OVER 80 WINES AND CHAMPAGNES BY THE GLASS STARTING FROM JUST KSH 350 ($4). WIZARDS, THE TASTING ROOM ACCOMMODATES COMFORTABLY UP TO 16 PEOPLE FOR PRIVATE EVENTS OR CONFERENCE
Nairobi, Kenya
“this is a joke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have been there on a Sunday afternoon, they did not have half of the wines on their card (Valpolicella, no Bordeaux at all, no Argentinian malbec). The chablis my girlfriend ordered was very basic and over priced. The red one I received was terribly cold, I ended up ordering their Chianti, they don`t even have a real Chianti Classico, it was average. The service was really bad our waitress did not seem to care too much about the fact that red wine should not have been served cold and blamed the outside temperature for it (?!). Avoid this place unless you see a bottle you want and run away fast.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
WWWShopandBar, Manager at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Tina,

First of all, I would like to thank you for posting a review on your visit to WWW Shop and Bar as well as offer you my sincerest apologies for not being able to meet your expectation on that visit and for the late reply to your review.

December month is a busy month and I must admit that at times, we were not able to restock as quickly as we would have liked. We are currently reviewing our wine list in order to ensure that Out of Stock wines are either removed or clearly marked.

Concerning the Chablis Victor Berard, this is a excellent entry level Chablis from a reliable supplier, though due to the local taxes, it is certainly more expensive than in Europe.

Concerning the temperature of our red wines, these are stored between 16 and 18oC so that once served the wine will reach the optimum red wine temperature of service which should be 18 to 20oC. Our waitress should have been able to explain this to you and should have been able to also offer you a bottle at "room temperature" should the wine had been too cold for your taste.

i will contcat you personally to make it up to you and your friend.

Once again, I would like to apologies for your experience at WWW Shop and Bar thank you for giving your constructive criticism.

Looking forward to meet you soon.

Best regards

Lorna Kiema
Manager

Nairobi Region, Kenya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing wine classes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The wine classes byJuan Cambil have been a wonderful experience. I have been able to learn more about wine and got good advice on what wines to buy and pair with some of my favourite foods.l hope more people get to try it. The staff are excellent and extremely pleasant. Roselyn Anyango

1 Thank Nyasembo
Nairobi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just finished the wine course by sommelier Juan Cambil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent experience benefiting from the knowledge and enthusiasm of a real connaisseur. Greatly enjoyed learning more about WWW's fantastic wines. I can't wait for another series of lessons!

1 Thank mbvanes
Flic En Flac
“Wine Course with Juan Cambil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just finished a very informative and interesting wine course with Juan Cambil. I've been a keen amateur for over 20 years, and I've taken several courses and read numerous books but this wine course re-fired my interest and deepened my knowledge.

Juan has a relaxed but well researched approach, and encourages questions and comments and is refreshingly honest about every wine we tasted. i found myself learning almost without noticing.

An added advantage is that you can buy the wines you taste - my wine rack has received some great additions from WWW - and Juan is making the WWW @ Junction the "go to" place for good but affordable wine in Nairobi.

I also attended a great wine + food pairing centred on the Pinotage grape - the food was really good, and the wines fascinating.

I will definitely be back for the next wine course in November!

1 Thank rswooding
“Wine classes by Juan Cambil ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

It has been 7 classes of an amazing journey into the world of wine by Sommelier Juan. I hope more Kenyans embrace wine. Thank you Juan

2 Thank Helen W