“Disappointing Customer Service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 343 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: TASTE PRESTIGE AWARD 2011 - BEST NEW COMER OF THE YEARA UNIQUE WINE BAR CONCEPT COMPROMISING OF A WINE SHOP, A TASTING ROOM AS WELL AS A WINE BAR AND LOUNGE OFFERING OVER 300 REFERENCES WINES FROM AROUND THE WORLD STARTING FROM JUST KSH 800 ($10), OVER 30 MALT WHISKIES AND MANY OTHER INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS.BITINGS AND DELICATESSEN TO COMPLEMENT YOUR DRINKS AND OVER 80 WINES AND CHAMPAGNES BY THE GLASS STARTING FROM JUST KSH 350 ($4). WIZARDS, THE TASTING ROOM ACCOMMODATES COMFORTABLY UP TO 16 PEOPLE FOR PRIVATE EVENTS OR CONFERENCE
Nairobi, Kenya
“Disappointing Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I booked and paid for a wine tasting class at wine bar for 24th August 2013. On the day of the wine tasting, I was late but when I got to the class i was told that it had been cancelled because the sommelier was out of town. The shop had my mobile number but did not bother to call me (or a friend who had also booked the class) to let me know that the class was cancelled.

I asked for a refund and they said that I should attend the repeat class the following weekend (they were reluctant to give a refund). I declined their offer and they eventually said that they would refund my money. As I had paid by debit card, I was told I could not get a cash refund and that I would have to wait for them to confirm that the funds had cleared in their account and then they would write me a cheque for the refund. They even offered to have the cheque delivered to my office. I have had to call them almost every two days to ask when my cheque will be ready. I was told it would be ready and delivered to my office today, but it was not and no one called to inform me.

I liked this bar, but after the fiasco with this wine class and poor customer service, I will not attend their wine tasting again. This experience has also clouded my previous appreciation of the place and I don't think I will go back anytime soon.

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
“Lovely wine bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The wine list here is staggering. Although the location is wanting, the place is cozy and inviting. I always enjoy the wine tastings offered here.

Visited May 2013
WWWShopandBar, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Afronomad,
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and we are delighted to see that you enjoy our set up as well as our regular wine tastings! looking forward to welcome you soon again.
Best regards
Philippe
Nairobi
“Excellent Desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Dark chocolate and excellent Malbec. Best place in Nairobi for dessert.

The Shiraz wine sampling is one of my favorites as well.

There is also a store with a very wide selection of wine and liquor, many of which are not available at other stores in Kenya.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
philippecauviere, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Kendo541, Malbec and Chocolates - I can only agree with you, what a combination! Try also the shiraz with some chocolate mousse, you will not regret this and if like me you like a good cigar, indulge yourself with a good Hoyo de Monterey in our smoking room!. Nice to hear that you enjoyed WWW Shop and Bar and if you are a wine lover, do not miss out on our wine and food pairing evening! Thank you once again for your visit and review. best regards Philippe
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Good selection of wines, nice place for a decent drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The wine bar is located in the Junction Mall, has a good selection of international wines, by the glass, bottle, take away/whole sale. The burgers looked great through we did not eat there. Recommended, though pricy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Barnskybeat, Thanks for visiting WWW Shop and Bar to hear you had a good time. Sorry that you missed our burgers, hopefully you will have more time on your next visit. I have also noted your comment on the prices, we have an extended list of wines by the glass (80 in total) ranging from Ksh 390 a glass up to over Ksh 1500 a glass for the famous Amaronne wine from Italy! We regularly check our prices against our competitors and for the same products we are on par or even lower, though depending on your choice of wine or upper end whisky, your bill can become a bit heavy! For your next visit to Nairobi, please do remember our burgers!
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“An amazing July”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The ambience is A+, The knowledgeability of the staff was even better.
The management was FUNTASTIC... Lots of laughter and fun. The food was fabulous and the portions were so unexpected (In a good way)

LOVED it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Njeri, Thank you for visiting WWW and for posting a review on your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and please do not forget about our daily happy hours! looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Philippe