“Overpriced with bad food” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 318 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: TASTE PRESTIGE AWARD 2011 - BEST NEW COMER OF THE YEARA UNIQUE WINE BAR CONCEPT COMPROMISING OF A WINE SHOP, A TASTING ROOM AS WELL AS A WINE BAR AND LOUNGE OFFERING OVER 300 REFERENCES WINES FROM AROUND THE WORLD STARTING FROM JUST KSH 800 ($10), OVER 30 MALT WHISKIES AND MANY OTHER INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS.BITINGS AND DELICATESSEN TO COMPLEMENT YOUR DRINKS AND OVER 80 WINES AND CHAMPAGNES BY THE GLASS STARTING FROM JUST KSH 350 ($4). WIZARDS, THE TASTING ROOM ACCOMMODATES COMFORTABLY UP TO 16 PEOPLE FOR PRIVATE EVENTS OR CONFERENCE
Moscow, Russia
“Overpriced with bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stopped at the restaurant for a meal. I chose a burger. Burger was dry, chips were very dry. Service was poor... 2 or 3 waiters on duty were sitting at the bar with possibly a friend. I had to wait until the only person working (a waitress) appeared to get served, get the bill, get change etc. The place looks impressive but I will not go again. Overpriced for what it is! And with poor food makes it an insult.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
philippecauviere, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Mike,
First of all, thank you for visiting WWW Shop and Bar and for posting comments on your experience. I have reviewed your posting and what you have described is indeed a very disappointing experience. I am surprised to hear that our burger was dry as these are freshly made and hand cut using our 28days aged beef from Morendat farm. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this and I will contact you personally to make it up to you as this is certainly not what WWW Shop and bar is known for. Please do contact me personally when you are back in Kenya. Looking forward to meeting you. Philippe

80% Recommend
  • Polish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great food and wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We enjoyed a quiet evening at WWW and were impressed by excellent service and knowledgable recommendations of food and wine by the owner. The steaks were perfectly done and the wine was very good. Thanks Philippe!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John, many thanks for your review and glad to see that you enjoyed our 28 days air dried beef from Morendat in Naivasha. Looking forward to see you when you are next in NBO. Best regards Philippe
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Very innovative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I snacked and didnt really have a meal but the snacks were filling enough for me. The wine though stole the show. Great selection and a staff that knew their products.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elenor, Thank you for visiting WWW Shop and BAr and we are delighted to see that you have enjoyed your experience. Please do visit us again and do not miss our daily Happy Hours. Best regards Philippe
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great Ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The ambience and staff were excellent. Unfortunately, I don't drink alcohol, so I can not offer a review on the wine. But they had an extensive menu

philippecauviere, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
A great thank you for visiting WWW Shop and Bar and glad to see that you enjoyed your experience! I see you do not drink alcohol, next time you visit us, ask for our Freshly Mint Lemonade! Looking forward to see you soon
Nairobi
“DO NOT TRUST THESE REVIEWS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Even though I've had a number of prior warnings, I never until now; believed that this restaurant was responsible for their own positive reviews. My suggestion to the management is to perhaps focus more on their food/service instead of wasting time on positive publicity that isn't honestly earned. Besides, by raising expectations falsely; you're left expecting something that this place just doesn't have and disappointment looms.

The service at this place was appalling. My wife ordered the ravioli; an order that they took but came back after 15 minutes saying they didn't have it. She then settled for the tagliatelle and the process was a repeat of earlier. Half an hour after ordering we find that she still hasn't been able to order anything. By this time my steak sandwich had arrived and is already cold. Inedible, we left this after two bites.

In the end all we could have between us was the mixed cheese platter which we had infact ordered as a starter. Anyone with a bottle of olive oil and access to a supermarket produce aisle would very easily prepare an assortment that surpasses this one.

I hope the management can take this review positively and work on the many flaws this this restaurant guarantees.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
philippecauviere, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Justin.

Thank you very much for posting your review on your experience at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd.

I am really disappointing that we have not been able to meet your expectations and I must admit that the service you have received on the day of your visit is quite shocking and certainly not acceptable by any standards. Please accept my sincerest apologies for teh poor service you have received in this occasion.

Please rest assure that we are not in any case, way or form trying to influence any reviews as I consider this as an unethical behavior.

I have sent you a message to be able to discuss this experience further and also make it up to your wife and yourself.

I have already taken the necessary steps to review this unacceptable lapses in our service with my team and ensure that this does not reoccur.

I thank you once again for your constructive comments and look forward to meeting you in person.

Your sincerely