“Great Ambience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 330 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: TASTE PRESTIGE AWARD 2011 - BEST NEW COMER OF THE YEARA UNIQUE WINE BAR CONCEPT COMPROMISING OF A WINE SHOP, A TASTING ROOM AS WELL AS A WINE BAR AND LOUNGE OFFERING OVER 300 REFERENCES WINES FROM AROUND THE WORLD STARTING FROM JUST KSH 800 ($10), OVER 30 MALT WHISKIES AND MANY OTHER INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS.BITINGS AND DELICATESSEN TO COMPLEMENT YOUR DRINKS AND OVER 80 WINES AND CHAMPAGNES BY THE GLASS STARTING FROM JUST KSH 350 ($4). WIZARDS, THE TASTING ROOM ACCOMMODATES COMFORTABLY UP TO 16 PEOPLE FOR PRIVATE EVENTS OR CONFERENCE
“Great Ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The ambience and staff were excellent. Unfortunately, I don't drink alcohol, so I can not offer a review on the wine. But they had an extensive menu

philippecauviere, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
A great thank you for visiting WWW Shop and Bar and glad to see that you enjoyed your experience! I see you do not drink alcohol, next time you visit us, ask for our Freshly Mint Lemonade! Looking forward to see you soon

• Polish first
Nairobi
“DO NOT TRUST THESE REVIEWS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Even though I've had a number of prior warnings, I never until now; believed that this restaurant was responsible for their own positive reviews. My suggestion to the management is to perhaps focus more on their food/service instead of wasting time on positive publicity that isn't honestly earned. Besides, by raising expectations falsely; you're left expecting something that this place just doesn't have and disappointment looms.

The service at this place was appalling. My wife ordered the ravioli; an order that they took but came back after 15 minutes saying they didn't have it. She then settled for the tagliatelle and the process was a repeat of earlier. Half an hour after ordering we find that she still hasn't been able to order anything. By this time my steak sandwich had arrived and is already cold. Inedible, we left this after two bites.

In the end all we could have between us was the mixed cheese platter which we had infact ordered as a starter. Anyone with a bottle of olive oil and access to a supermarket produce aisle would very easily prepare an assortment that surpasses this one.

I hope the management can take this review positively and work on the many flaws this this restaurant guarantees.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
philippecauviere, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Justin.

Thank you very much for posting your review on your experience at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd.

I am really disappointing that we have not been able to meet your expectations and I must admit that the service you have received on the day of your visit is quite shocking and certainly not acceptable by any standards. Please accept my sincerest apologies for teh poor service you have received in this occasion.

Please rest assure that we are not in any case, way or form trying to influence any reviews as I consider this as an unethical behavior.

I have sent you a message to be able to discuss this experience further and also make it up to your wife and yourself.

I have already taken the necessary steps to review this unacceptable lapses in our service with my team and ensure that this does not reoccur.

I thank you once again for your constructive comments and look forward to meeting you in person.

Your sincerely

Makati, Philippines
“No atmosfere at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have been in WWW twice only. First time invited by a friend and today alone.
Today I choosed three different wines from the list before getting the answer: we have it! You do not expect this from that place indeed.
Menu for vegetarians is terribly poor.
Tables are too close each other and people seating close to you intefere with your privacy. Not their fault! Today I got four quite noisy clients from Lebanon (I guess..) so not the perfect place to stay if you want quite time.
You can easily pay 7/8 USD for a glass of wine that comes from a bottle with no cork!!! Are they kidding?
They call themselves THE WINE EXPERTS. Don't try to ask the waiter anything about wine.
Last point, the atmosphere is terrible. Wine goes with quite places, with a touch of old, with a warm atmosphere, WWW is the opposite.. you feel you are sitting in the wrong place!
Several friends told me that that place used to be good.
Internet connection was great....

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Marco,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I have noted that we were not able to meet your expectation as a number of our wines were out of stock and we are currently revising our Wine by the Glass menu.

I have noted your remark that the bottle came with no cork. As you have noticed we offer 80 wines by the glass and once bottles are opened these are vacuumed to preserve the quality of the wine. We are not able to open a new bottle every time someones ask for a glass of wine, though I can guarantee you that Le Verre de Vin system, which we are using, is one of the most performant system to preserve wines once open.

I will contact you personally to discuss your experience further.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

“Interesting place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice to find somewhere in Nairobi with a varied wine list. Service is excellent and staff had good knowledge of the wines. Menu is small but what I had was decent. Lacks atmosphere but I guess that is what you get from being in the middle of a shopping mall. Menus look like they are due a reprint also.
Was also happily surprised to see an open explanation of the differential in the pricing between the wine in the shop and the restaurant . Don’t think I have ever seen this before.
Worth a look if you are at Junction Mall

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear GastoNinja,

Thank you for choosing WWW Shop and Bar for a relaxing time and I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your experience.

Looking forward to seeing you soon again

“Good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Variety of blends.This includes the side bitings that come with beer and wine.I would recommend one to try.

Visited February 2013
Brian, Many thanks for passing by WWW Shop and Bar and glad to see that you have enjoyed our service. Looking froward to see you again soon.