WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa
Improve this listing
Ranked #101 of 337 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: TASTE PRESTIGE AWARD 2011 - BEST NEW COMER OF THE YEARA UNIQUE WINE BAR CONCEPT COMPROMISING OF A WINE SHOP, A TASTING ROOM AS WELL AS A WINE BAR AND LOUNGE OFFERING OVER 300 REFERENCES WINES FROM AROUND THE WORLD STARTING FROM JUST KSH 800 ($10), OVER 30 MALT WHISKIES AND MANY OTHER INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS.BITINGS AND DELICATESSEN TO COMPLEMENT YOUR DRINKS AND OVER 80 WINES AND CHAMPAGNES BY THE GLASS STARTING FROM JUST KSH 350 ($4). WIZARDS, THE TASTING ROOM ACCOMMODATES COMFORTABLY UP TO 16 PEOPLE FOR PRIVATE EVENTS OR CONFERENCE
DUBAI
“Used to be good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

It used to be good even if the venue is in a mall, but since the owner is not showing up everything goes sideways...the wine menu is not updated the cheeses are facing chain of cold problem. Won t go back

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
philippecauviere, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Frenchbizztraveler,

Thanks for visiting again WWW Shop and Bar while you were in Nairobi.

I have noted your concern concerning the wine list and the cheese.

Concerning the wine list, the main wine list has been updated last week and we care currently working on our wine by the glass selection as we had a lot of changes recently. I understand that this is not ideal especially when you are ordering a wine and it is not available, though having such a large selection means that at times we are not fully up to date.

Concerning cheeses and cold cuts, I can only agree with you that our current selection is not our normal standard, this is due to delays in importation from our main supplier. I have spoken to him this morning and have been assured that all should be back to normal next week.

I thank you once again for your support and your constructive comments and looks forward to well come you back on your next trip.

Best regards

Philippe

• Polish first
Nairobi
“Difficult - Food poisoning during my last visit.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I generally enjoy the Wine Bar for wine, whiskey, champagne food and drink pairings. I have really enjoyed the whiskey tastings in the past. Unfortunately, I was horribly ill after the recent champagne food and drink pairing.

I relayed the same feedback to the restaurant, with no response.

Visited February 2013
philippecauviere, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Lisa,

First of all, I would like to thank you for attending our Champagne tasting on 8th February though I was sad and concerned to hear that you were unwell following this event.

Following our conversation, I have received your email regarding this issue for the first time on 27th February. It seems that we had an issue with our main email address.

As mentioned, we had 16 people during that event. Food for these event is freshly prepared and cooked as a single batch, therefore if there was any issues, it would have affected most or all attendees. The food is also served at one go therefore once again reducing risks.

Following your comments, Miriam, Outlet Manager, and myself have contacted most of the attendees , and so far none have reported any discomfort following our tasting on 8th February.

At WWW shop and Bar, we pay great attention to our process as well as storage and selection of product and in over 20 months of operation never had any complains of food poisoning.

As you also probably know, we all tend to focus on the last meal when such issues arise, though one need to remember that the cause of such discomfort can be traced up to 72 hours before the last meal. It is also of the utmost importance that such incident are immediately reported to the restaurant or food outlet so that we can take immediate action to check and review any food which might have been involved. In your case, the tasting being on 8th February and the information only reaching us on the 27th makes it extremely difficult to do any further investigation or eventually any food tests.

I have sent you a personal note to your email address regarding this incident.

I thank you once again for contacting us regarding this issue, though in this case, I highly doubt that the food served on the champagne tasting on 8th February could have been the cause of your discomfort.

Looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards

Philippe
Nairobi, Kenya
“Wine and Dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am not big on wine so I cannot say much about that, but I went with wine experts and they were impressed with the selection and variety. What I can add is that the steaks are good and they have some good cocktails for those who, like me, are not into wines.

Visited October 2012
philippecauviere, Manager at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Nicole, thank you so much for your review and see you soon again.! Miriam
Snekkersten
“This is my favorite hangout in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

All staff from kitchen to Management do an excellent job to make you feel comfortable and Phillipe (owner) is present and aware of your every need ;-)

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Best thing to ever happen to the Junction mall.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very relaxing place with a wide variety of wine and believe it or not very nice coffee too. i fell in love with their cheese variety...so after a crazy shopping spree you can just pop in at the wine bar and relax!

Visited December 2012