“Best thing to ever happen to the Junction mall.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 315 restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: TASTE PRESTIGE AWARD 2011 - BEST NEW COMER OF THE YEARA UNIQUE WINE BAR CONCEPT COMPROMISING OF A WINE SHOP, A TASTING ROOM AS WELL AS A WINE BAR AND LOUNGE OFFERING OVER 300 REFERENCES WINES FROM AROUND THE WORLD STARTING FROM JUST KSH 800 ($10), OVER 30 MALT WHISKIES AND MANY OTHER INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS.BITINGS AND DELICATESSEN TO COMPLEMENT YOUR DRINKS AND OVER 80 WINES AND CHAMPAGNES BY THE GLASS STARTING FROM JUST KSH 350 ($4). WIZARDS, THE TASTING ROOM ACCOMMODATES COMFORTABLY UP TO 16 PEOPLE FOR PRIVATE EVENTS OR CONFERENCE
Nairobi, Kenya
“Best thing to ever happen to the Junction mall.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very relaxing place with a wide variety of wine and believe it or not very nice coffee too. i fell in love with their cheese variety...so after a crazy shopping spree you can just pop in at the wine bar and relax!

Visited December 2012

80% Recommend
  • Polish first
Nairobi
“Great Food,Wine and Service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Was there with my husband for my birthday.Enjoyed the whole mea from starter to dessert and our sparkling wine.The lamb chops and steak which we both had were great.We were only dissapointed with the fries which we let Philippe,the owner know.
Been there several times in the past and never been dissapointed,whether it is for salads,cold cuts and platters or drinks with friends.
I would certainly recommend them....

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
“Best steak in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We visited WWW for dinner. Initially, we thought the place was a little crowded and even noisy because the space is not too big. But our dinner and the drinks took all that away. This must be by far one of the best steaks in town. I'll go back for the sirloin steak any day of the week. As for the wine variety, its probably the biggest in town. Lots and lots of it, your head can spin. The waiters were great too, and really helpful especially Japheth who serverd our table.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Standards have dropped”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went for a mid-week dinner, having had good experiences at WWW in the past. This time we were to be sadly disappointed. Of the extensive list of juices, none of the three I requested were available. We were told that an exception could be made and that we could bring them from Nakumatt ourselves! We ordered a vegetarian tofu burger and a burger with bacon. Two sad-looking, dry dishes turned up, the best part of which were the salads. The "bacon" was a grim-looking, tiny, dried-up slice of over-pink "meat" which bore almost no resemblance to bacon. Having not been able to enjoy one of the "many" fruit juices on offer, I ordered a fruit tea. This arrived in a grimy old cafetiere with a delicious-looking cookie on the side. The cookie turned out to be completely devoid of all moisture or flavour and, alarmingly, seemed to contain peanuts; not a wise choice to hand out to customers without a warning, given the seriousness of peanut allergies. The tea was almost completely transparent and without flavour. The staff could barely speak or understand English and orders and requests had to be repeated several times. We left the tea and "biscuit" almost completely untouched, paid the bill and left.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
philippecauviere, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Niknax,

Thank you for visiting again WWW Shop and Bar, though as I can see we really let you down on this last visit.

I am really shocked with your comments and I will make sure we make it up to you as surely this is not our usual standards.

Please accept my sincerest apologies and I will contact you personally.

Yours sincerely

Philippe.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good, but not the service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Sunday at lunch. Didn't meet my expectations given all the raving reviews in TA. Ordered two burgers and it took 45mins to arrive. One waitress was covering the entire floor - not enough in Kenya.
The food was fine, but not outstanding. But then a bacon cheese burger is probably not their signature dish. The free cocktail when paying the high bill somehow made up for a disappointing experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
philippecauviere, Owner at WWW Shop and Bar Ltd - The Wine Expert in East Africa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear JonesHeinz,

Thank you for posting a review on WWW Shop and Bar about your experience with us.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your burger though I am truly disappointed that you had to wait 45mins for it. This is not acceptable and certainly does not reflect our standards.

Concerning the staffing, we have a minimum of two people on duty plus a manager on duty on Sunday lunch, so I will have to review exactly what happened there.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for such a delay in getting your order and I would appreciate if you could email me your contact details to wwwshopandbar@wines.co.ke so that I can make it up to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards