“worst salad ever” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
nairobi
“worst salad ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

1st time I had a bad salad n thought maybe it was a one time thing. yesterday my hubby n I bad salad, the tomatoes were rotten or something. they had black spots on them and tasted awful!!! the salad dressing OMG!!!!! pathetic. we returned the salad without a second bite. java gigiri please improve

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

kenya nai
“trying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

well a nice place to have coffee good coffee but there tropical mix shake beats all you should try it it's the best in the entire region though the service lacks professionalism and especially the waiters but that shouldn't discourage for the food is excellent

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
“Just ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I do not know why this place is so popular, maybe cause in Africa there are so few coffee houses. The coffee isn't great. There is no free wireless where as you can get this in other coffee houses. Food is good and selection is great. Staff are slow and not very friendly.

Visited May 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“NEEDS AN UPGRADE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This branch of java was a great eatery but unfortunately the standards have dropped a great deal. Waiting time to get an order taken is long, probably they are short staffed and management should do something about it. Their furniture also needs an upgrade. All in all they still have great coffee.

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Best coffee in Nairobi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I just came across a photo of some coffee milkshakes my husband and I had at Java House and I had to post a short review so I can share the photo!

My mouth is watering as I type this, just thinking about the delicious lattes and coffee drinks at Java House. Their food is also really good - lots of fresh veggies and I'd say a fair quality of food for a coffee shop. It's not dirt cheap, but SO good!

When we arrived in Nairobi we had our driver (http://nairobispecialists.com/ who was terrific, by the way!) take us directly to Java House. As my husband is quite familiar with Nairobi he suggested this stop, and I was very thankful he did! YUM!!

We also bought Java House coffee beans to bring back to Canada with us.

• Visited June 2012