“Nice Place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hennessis Hotel

You added Hennessis Hotel to your Saves list
Hennessis Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Along Limuru road | opposite Jamhuri High School, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #93 of 126 Hotels in Nairobi
NAIROB
“Nice Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel gives value for money, stylish , room are small but ok for the price we paid for. They had a comprehensive menu for dinner with different cuisine . Breakfast was ok at least they are one of the hotels with a variety. A bit out of town but not so far . Staff were friendly only during one of the staff started cleaning under our feet ....restaurant wasn't closed so he didn't really have to but had an attitude when we asked why , clearly showed us we were late and needed to leave. But all in all would still recommend the place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went here as a last minute plan with my boyfriend. We just needed a quiet place but near the Nairobi City center. We knew someone who had been at the hotel before so we tried it out. There is a big gate at the entrance and the guard welcomed us in. The reception was well presented and we were welcomed by a lady (who was not smiling but knew her job well) and a porter who was very friendly and warm. He showed us the room before we paid. Then we filled in a form with our details on showing them our identification and then were given room 314 which on entering was too noisy as it was just adjacent to a bar outside that had immensely loud music. So we went back to the reception and requested them to give us room 101 which they had earlier shown us. This room and the ones next to it are much quieter! The bed was big and comfortable, the toilet and bathroom were clean and their hot shower was working, he towels were fresh just a small flaw was the bathroom water didn't flow out easily. The room had a tv, the bed was surrounded by a net and there was a small table and chair and 2 water bottles in the room. The view from the window was the main road though we didn't even notice this as there was no noise int he morning when we woke up. The room also has 2 big cabinets, with drawers and a safe inside one of the cabinets. The check out time was 10 a.m. The cost was 4,500 Kshs for a double room including breakfast. This was the best breakfast I had had for this cost! There was tea, cereals, muesli, a wide selection of fruits, sausages, baked beans, liver, vegetables, sweet potatoes, arrow roots, potato wedges and fresh fruit juice. It was all you could eat and you could have seconds if needed. All in all this was the most value I had gotten at such a price in a long time! However I would like to see some fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce etc also served during breakfast :-) I would recommend this to anyone who wants some quiet nights and still be within the vicinity of the city center!

Room Tip: room 101 and the ones next to it are quieter than 314 and the ones on that side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

with my birthday approaching and being the explorer/dining adveturer that I am i decided to sample this hotel that`s located close to the U.N headquarters and Nairobi entertainment hotspots Westlands, what i thought to be my dinner sample ended up being a sleep-over. reason the ambience and the hospitality offerred.

Room Tip: superior rooms are spacious and have a mini bar and a kingsize bed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dar es salaam ,Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

i arrived in this hotel and find my room was booked,via my company Hello Tanzania Tours.
i stayed in this hotel for 4nights and found this place very nice/safe and very helpful staff and the manager was very friendy indeed.
since am in the Tourists industry, i promised her that i will bring more and more clients.

Breakfast - very nice and lots of food.staff working at this point very helpful.

i will recommend this hotel to other clients and agents in Tanzania as well.

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor - are quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Right from the time you enter the hotel the reception is good security is been taken care of i met a gentle man and a lady who were doing the search and this really encouraged me.....the ladies at the reception and the staff at the restaurant were very friendly and had very tasty pork chops. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have got a mini bar and coffee makers.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

@this hotel,i felt like an actor, i got what i wanted,had magazines to kill time at the reception area i had a mini refrigerator to put my stuff, bout my sleep "the most sleeping influence factor is the mattress quality, sleeping on a sagging mattress puts the back in an unbalanced, stressful position that can cause problems to develop. a good mattress is firm,not too hard, and the bed should also be large enough to allow freedom of changing positions" and that is exactly what i got, the bar was well stocked especially with south African wines my spouse favourite and chile my favorite, and a state of the ART restaurant .

Room Tip: superior rooms are the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nakuru, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

i have always loved to stay at Hennessis until one day when i stayed there and ordered for my breakfast to be brought in very early-at 6:30 as i needed to leave the hotel at 7:00 for a crucial business deal meeting at 8:00. Even despite confirming to the receptionist again at 6:00 and calling the kitchen at 6:15- my breakfast did not arrive. As i was leaving the room at 7:05 is when we met with the waitress bringing in the food. i refused to go back to the room and take the same as i was already late. on getting to the reception,i complained to the manager who hurriedly told the waitress to have the breakfast wrapped for me without my knowledge. when the waitress showed up with the small package in the name of breakfast i could not believe it and refused to carry it. They delayed me at the reception all the while my taxi was waiting trying to plead that i carry the bread they had packed for me. I mentioned that since i was a regular guess there they should give me a discount the equivalent of the breakfast amount- the manager promised to contact me once he had informed his bosses- almost 7 months down the line am still waiting for his call.Needless to say i missed out on a business deal, paid waiting charges on the cab and went without breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hennessis Hotel? Share your experiences!